Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Pickelhaub

Article about: I just got this today and would appreciate any info. It has an ink stamp on the liner that appears to be "4K" and a small paper stamp that says "M.L.". Also I was able to

?

Default Pickelhaub

I just got this today and would appreciate any info. It has an ink stamp on the liner that appears to be "4K" and a small paper stamp that says "M.L.". Also I was able to make out a name on the liner band as "Larrabe". I hope it to be authentic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pickelhaub   Pickelhaub  

Pickelhaub   Pickelhaub  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pickelhaub
    P
    Many

Default Re: Pickelhaub

Pablo, it would appear to be a Model 1895 enlisted mans Prussian Pickelhaube, 100% original, with Model 1891 chinstrap mounts and Brass metal fittings, I am guessing that thr rear brass spine has a small sliding cover near to the spike base and 5 ventilation holes at the base of the spike....it is missing both the Reich (1897 addition) and State cockades and chinstrap, these can be sourced and fitted at a later date, to assist any further seperation of the front peak from the shell, I would add a couple stiches. The marking "4K" is a part regimental stamp that would of included the full Regiment number at some time in the past..."4K" meaning "4th Company" of the Regiment, the paper tag with initials, the last initial matching that of the name on the band that you found, would be the owners initials, but it is not an official mark. All in all a nice example, thanks for showing, these helmets are climbing in price, you have got one just in time !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    Pablo, it would appear to be a Model 1895 enlisted mans Prussian Pickelhaube, 100% original, with Model 1891 chinstrap mounts and Brass metal fittings, I am guessing that thr rear brass spine has a small sliding cover near to the spike base and 5 ventilation holes at the base of the spike....it is missing both the Reich (1897 addition) and State cockades and chinstrap, these can be sourced and fitted at a later date, to assist any further seperation of the front peak from the shell, I would add a couple stiches. The marking "4K" is a part regimental stamp that would of included the full Regiment number at some time in the past..."4K" meaning "4th Company" of the Regiment, the paper tag with initials, the last initial matching that of the name on the band that you found, would be the owners initials, but it is not an official mark. All in all a nice example, thanks for showing, these helmets are climbing in price, you have got one just in time !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Many thanks, Steve for your informative response. This information imparts a nice bit of character to the helmet. The spine does have a sliding cover.....was that for ventilation? Any suggestions as to where I could find original parts to complete the helmet? Thanks again. Pablo

Hoi Pablo
    Kockarden often show up on ebay, chin straps are a difficult matter though, they do show up from time to time, but they are bringing anywhere from $100 to $200 depending on condition for originals. For this helmet, you need one with brass fittings.
    Best
    gus