Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pickelhaube cockade query

Article about: Hello again chaps! I bought the attached cockade very recently in the belief that it was an original one. I thought it was from an officers haube of some description. On closer inspection, I

?

Default Pickelhaube cockade query

Hello again chaps!

I bought the attached cockade very recently in the belief that it was an original one. I thought it was from an officers haube of some description. On closer inspection, I realise that I havent seen anything quite like it before. I was going to stick it on my m1915 Prussian EM haube (I know it doesnt belong there but I preferred it to a repro). It doesn't fit that well on my Haub. What is it? Is it original? It has the same dimensions as the enlisted mans Cockades.

Cheers Again
    Andy
    Attached Images Attached Images Pickelhaube cockade query  Pickelhaube cockade query 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pickelhaube cockade query
    P
    Many

Default Re: Pickelhaube cockade query

Andy, you have a "Saxon" cockade, peculiar only to Saxon helmets, later on in the war, Saxony reverted to the Prussian style. See here.......I show my M15 Saxon haube, with these "round" Kokarden fitted. Sadly mine are good reproductions...originals are rare !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pickelhaube cockade query   Pickelhaube cockade query  

?

Default Re: Pickelhaube cockade query

Cheers Steve!! I had seen the green and white Saxon cockade similar to mine on Kaisers Bunker but didn't know mine was Saxon too!
    Cheers again for sorting me out!!
    Andy