Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pickelhaube ID/info needed

Article about: This helmet has been in the family for a long time as it was my grandfather's. Interestingly, it was the prize for winning a writing contest in grade school! This is not my collecting direct

Default Pickelhaube ID/info needed

This helmet has been in the family for a long time as it was my grandfather's. Interestingly, it was the prize for winning a writing contest in grade school! This is not my collecting direction however I would greatly appreciate any info from the members versed in this kind of headwear. Maker, I assume from the name, is Juncker and the date is 1916. I could find no other identifying makes other than a '57' on the side. My mom claims there was a chin strap which was attached at some point but unfortunately, rotted. Would appreciate any information you can impart. It's staying in the family as it has been a great conversation piece. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pickelhaube ID/info needed   Pickelhaube ID/info needed  

Pickelhaube ID/info needed   Pickelhaube ID/info needed  

Pickelhaube ID/info needed   Pickelhaube ID/info needed  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pickelhaube ID/info needed
    P
    Many

Known as a 'Cuiriassier' or 'Lobster-tail'. '57' is the size - which
    is about a medium. You can find original parts to restore
    it if you wished. All it really needs are cockades
    and a chin strap.........
    Regards,

Steve.

It is indeed a Prussian M15 (model 1915) Kurassier troopers metal helmet with phosphate grey fittings, known as the "Lobstertail" due to its shape....57 is indeed its size, made in 1916 by "C.E.JUNCKER" of Berlin...yes, the same company thatmade awards/medals in WW2.
    The spike whose cylindrical shape is unique to kurassier helmets is removable, by twisting and pulling, it fits bayonet style.........it appears to be in good shape with liner, a nice helmet, as stated just needs cockades and chinstrap to complete.
    Here's mine for comparison.................with default Infantry Pickelhaube style spike, some times fitted late war.
    Prost !Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pickelhaube ID/info needed  

Thank you Walkwolf and orator. This is all very helpful. Any suggestions on where I might purchase period cockades and a chinstrap online? Additionally, what is the best method and product to lightly polish the helmet?