Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

pickelhaube pipe

Article about: Hello Gents! I just got this awesome pipe on E-bay because it looked interesting and i just want to know what the writing means and possibly the significance of the 40 is? There's a crack in

?

Default pickelhaube pipe

Hello Gents! I just got this awesome pipe on E-bay because it looked interesting and i just want to know what the writing means and possibly the significance of the 40 is?

There's a crack in it but it all seems pretty complete. thank you!

V/R John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture pickelhaube pipe   pickelhaube pipe  

pickelhaube pipe   pickelhaube pipe  

pickelhaube pipe  
    Attached Images Attached Images pickelhaube pipe 

Default Re: pickelhaube pipe

Hi John, the pipe belonged to a former member of 7th Kompanie/40th Fusilier Regiment "Prince Karl-Anton von Hohenzollern", hence the "40" on the shoulder strap painted on the bowl of the pipe. The text on the pipe states it was it gift from his friends in the Regt.

Some history about the Regt can be found here. I have added a translation of the page into English:

Google Translate

I cannot comment on originality as these Reservist type items are right outside my area of collecting

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!