Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pickelhaube for review

Article about: Hello guys, I came upon this Officer's Pickelhaube. I don't know much about these helmets. For that I would like some opinions from those who do. IMO it looks like a genuine piece. But I wou

?

Default Pickelhaube for review

Hello guys, I came upon this Officer's Pickelhaube. I don't know much about these helmets. For that I would like some opinions from those who do.

IMO it looks like a genuine piece. But I would also like to know what's it's value before I consider to buy him.

Thanks in advance,

Kris.

Pickelhaube for reviewPickelhaube for reviewPickelhaube for reviewPickelhaube for reviewPickelhaube for reviewPickelhaube for reviewPickelhaube for reviewPickelhaube for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pickelhaube for review
    P
    Many

?

Up

To my untrained eye it looks good.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A nice clean looking example.

I agree!
    In very good condition.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    To my untrained eye it looks good.
    Same here. I'm no expert but I like the way this one looks.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

That is a very clean example......... !
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks guys. Negociating with the seller now.

KRISSE, a perfectly good Prussian line Officers Pickelhaube, it is marked on the calf leather sweat band "Depaheg Patent" a maker believed to be in Berlin, the shell/body of this pickelhaube being made of "Vulcanfibre" and not leather, Vulcanfibre is a material made of compressed cotton fibre paper, "Depaheg" being the inovator of this material which was often a popular choice for the private purchase pickelhaube..............It has been said that "DEPAHEG" is an acronym for the company's full name- along the lines of :-
    De-utsche
    Pa-tent
    H-?tten (?)
    A-ktien
    G-esellschaft

As for value, around £600+.................
    Prost ! Steve.

?

It seems that the spike and helmet plate are silver and that directs us to Pionier. It also seems that the spike and the chinscales are removable. This indicates an M15 model. Now is my question: how many times in your life did you see an M15 officer's pickelhaube for a Pionier?
    In my opinion it's a not so common pickelhaube. Also considdering the condition of the outside (a lot of the silver is gone, helmet plate polished and frosting is gone), I would put the value a lot more than £600... just my two cents of course...
    The overall condition is very good, the liner is like mint, liner band is a little bit used, the shell is also very good, the silver rings of the kokarden is has some light oxidation (black), the condition of the helmet plate and spike could be better but isn't bad at all...
    There's also the name of the original owner written on the liner band. You can also considder this as a free bonus. In fact it doesn't add real value, but now the helmet also can be researched and that fact makes it a more interesting helmet.
    All in all we can say it's a nice and original pickelhaube. Depending on the asking price and the quality you prefer you'll have to determine if you want to purchase it or not...

Adler

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast