Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Picklehaubes

Article about: Can anyone give me the approximate value or price of the individually and/or as a group? I would appreciate this very much. ~Dean

?

Default Picklehaubes

Here are a couple PH's from my Great Uncle Ramsays collection. Two are WWI but one is from the battle of Waterloo. It says Waterloo on the eagle crest banner.These are up for sale .I'll post on classified forum in a day or so if anyone is interested. PM me if you want to make offers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Picklehaubes   Picklehaubes  

Picklehaubes   Picklehaubes  

Picklehaubes   Picklehaubes  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Picklehaubes
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: PickleHaubes

How much more does he has lol? it seems he has the whole third reich in his collection!!!
    Ryan

?

Tell me about it! I'm still posting threads for different sections !

?

A word of advice.
    Don't hold them by the brim. That tears it loose from the helmet.
    They are nice helmets.
    The helmet with the Peninsula - Waterloo bandau is not from the battle of Waterloo. The bandaus were authorised in 1895 for military units that fought in those battles 80 years earlier. They are harder to find than just the plain line eagles.

?

AHH...I see. Thanks for the info Steve! That actually makes more sense. I thought they had big funny hats back then .Also, I asked the MOD to move this to WW1 Helmets section.oops!

Default Re: Picklehaubes

Dean...they all look O.K. I see three, one M1915, one Officers, and one Reserve haube.....go to this site Kaiser's Bunker you will be able to identify your helmets yourself with the information on this site.....it is always most satisfying to do the research yourself and a good way to learn....if you have problems, then of course ask for help......Good hunting ! Prost ! Steve.

?

Thanks to Both Steves! I was just looking at that site link BEFORE I read this post! I will be selling these on the classifieds section after I do some more research. Prost! to yo too, my colleagues.
    ~Dean
    Last edited by Dean; 05-21-2012 at 05:59 AM.

Do they both have their cockards?(the round painted wavy disks on the chinstrap hubs) It's hard to tell in the photo. I like the officer's helm. And, yes, as Steve said, it makes a person cringe to see someone holding them up by their visors! Brr! lol It looks as if the enlisted mans may already be coming loose.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Yes you are correct, the one is coming off a little, I def wont do that again! They all have their cokades. I will get better pics in a couple days when I go there again.

Great set of picklehaubes!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast