Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pics and finds of my tour to the somme/ypres

Article about: Hi thought I would share a few of my finds from my recent trip to the somme and ypres. First set of pics are of 52 german rifle or MG? cartriges found in the hill 60 area all dated 1915 and

?

Default Pics and finds of my tour to the somme/ypres

Hi thought I would share a few of my finds from my recent trip to the somme and ypres. First set of pics are of 52 german rifle or MG? cartriges found in the hill 60 area all dated 1915 and 1 is dated 1914 some have 15 and also 11 or other numbers on the base can anyone tell me what this is for?.......1 clip is marked M&M. Finaly i saw this large german shell in a junk shop, its about 105mm cal (can anyone I.D?)just saw mag.....burg and thought i would buy it (15 euro) gave it a little clean and found the date JAN 1918!! I could do with some advive how to move the rest of the green stains on the base please........more pics to come to come.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pics and finds of my tour to the somme/ypres   Pics and finds of my tour to the somme/ypres  

?

Default Re: Pics and finds of my tour to the somme/ypres

the shell....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pics and finds of my tour to the somme/ypres   Pics and finds of my tour to the somme/ypres  

?

The museum at tommy cafe in pozieres good collection, just a shame its all rusting away outside!!!

Pics and finds of my tour to the somme/ypres   Pics and finds of my tour to the somme/ypres  

?

Interesting pictures.
    Thanks for showing.
    SteveR

Nice pics. Thanks for posting.

?

My moms secret recipe for shining gold,silver,bronze or brass Dab a cloth with ketchup yes I said ketchup (And no it dont have to be Heinz) and start applying it in small circles as if you were shining a pair of boots the acidic properties of the tomato paste will help remove a lot of the overlying tarnish you may have to repeat this a few times just remember that it is slightly acidic so you should allways wash what ever you are polishing with water when you are finished as it will remove the finish.By the way nice finds and awsome pictures. I am kinda partial to the one with the ordance stacked up against the cinder block wall .

?

WOW! I do like the wall made of shells!
    ~Dean

Great pics! I must visit there some day
    Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

This museum is also woth a visit in Bullecourt, lots of relics from the fighting in that area collected by a local farmer for the past 35 years.

.......also how do add a message on the bottom of my posts? (e.g. maxim 08 or 08/15 fund £1800 anyone know were i can get 1???)

Pics and finds of my tour to the somme/ypres   Pics and finds of my tour to the somme/ypres  

Pics and finds of my tour to the somme/ypres  

?

Nice relics, theres nothing like finding your own, the first hands to touch them in 90 odd years, if only they could talk!!
    Off to the Somme in a couple of weeks again for 5 days of field walking - Lovely
    Can anyone reccomend anywhere on the somme off the beaten track thats not so much walked or with any other interesting feature?????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast