Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

PLease, an advice related to a Sturmbaon WW1 cigarette case

Article about: So, my cousin recently bought this cigarette case for 36\\$. At first glance i said nice, what a bargain, but after that i wanted to think a bit more about it. So, my concerns: 1- The RZ stamp

i told him my arguments regarding the my statement that is a fake, so i told him that there is no need to continue the discussion about that. First of all the simple fact that every cigarette case has the same ''hand'' writings of the ''trench art'' flavor. He dind't argue in any kind, he sent the full refund so the item will be probably back online. The items comes from somewhere, if he didn't make them (from old pieces and bad insigna), so it's hard to bealive that he's totally unaware of a let's say ''uncommon'' situation. Even as a non-expert, at a simple research, you'll find out that such items, if original, aren't that common (original totenkopf SS Viking Division or Group Nord cigarette cases, sold several pieces in 1 month).

I'm more amazed by the very low rate of negative feedback he has (3 negative out of 180 positive) considering that he's sellig obvious fake stated as original period items..and a lot of ''WW2 Orginal GERMAN Pocket Watch with skulls Totenkopf RAR !!!'', which were sold at high prices, between 500 and 800 (and even more) pounds..aslo a ''WW2 Fallschirm Fallschirmjäger RZ 20 RARE!'' gone for 666pounds (unfortunately the past auction can't be seen). So, if also the other items were bad as the cigarette case, we have out there almost 200 happy clients.

MAP
    ?

Quote by ArkanBuc View Post
    .....Even as a non-expert, at a simple research, you'll find out that such items, if original, aren't that common ....

.....I'm more amazed by the very low rate of negative feedback he has (3 negative out of 180 positive) considering that he's sellig obvious fake......

......So, if also the other items were bad as the cigarette case, we have out there almost 200 happy clients.
    And that is why fools and their money are soon parted

Forgiven is given for high quality fakes (that's why we have WRF and I have a drawful of fake badges) but I have little pity for people who don't research or just ASK for advice

Just my two cents!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

"Caveat emptor"

Fleabay is full of fakes and repros. Nothing new.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I just saw this Sturmbaon badge up on auction. The seller is flooding a Swedish site with all kinds of crap.
    But I really like that they stamped it with RZM!!

It took about 1 minute and then someone placed a bid.

CBH
    ?

Anything none official party use that carries a RZM stamp is Junk , also usually the case with SS stamps . There's a Sucker born every minute .

Just when you thought you'd seen it all, along comes a fake WW1-era badge with an RZM marking. Now that's beyond silly.

But I guess the fakers think everything is better with an RZM marking...

It's a shame, when one considers the Huge amount of money that has been and is Being spent on this disgusting garbage all the time. And it comes in all sorts of classes- from total ludicrous fantasy nonsense and on up to Extremely well made high end counterfeits. When you think of the totals lost to these fraudulent thieves, it's hard to fathom just why the authorities in so many countries refuse to even take a look into it. Sometimes, I have suspected it is because the people in charge do not approve of collecting "Nazi stuff" and feel that anyone stupid enough to collect these "horrible disgusting evil things" deserve what they get. This might not be true, but it's difficult to not suspect it in so many cases.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Wasn't RZM code 10 for musical instruments?

?

Quote by ArkanBuc View Post
    I'm more amazed by the very low rate of negative feedback he has (3 negative out of 180 positive) considering that he's sellig obvious fake stated as original period items..and a lot of ''WW2 Orginal GERMAN Pocket Watch with skulls Totenkopf RAR !!!'', which were sold at high prices, between 500 and 800 (and even more) pounds..aslo a ''WW2 Fallschirm Fallschirmjäger RZ 20 RARE!'' gone for 666pounds (unfortunately the past auction can't be seen). So, if also the other items were bad as the cigarette case, we have out there almost 200 happy clients.
    Unfortunately, a lot of client looks happy with their faked items. Positive feedback means nothing.
    You think you' re going to miss an incredible, rare wonderful item for 2 dollars ?
    Better post here before, increase your ability to spot fakes, and save 2 dollars.

For your cigaret box, hand writting means nothing, the back looks like artifially aged with poor back polish.
    But maybe there is someone here who can show real stuff like Group Nord cigaret cases or totenkopf ring.

"3. It comes from Poland." That 's all I would need to hear in order to know it's a fake.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast