Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Possible German WWI Sign

Article about: I got this with a WWI collection. It looks like a sign from the German lines. Not sure what it means.

Default Possible German WWI Sign

I got this with a WWI collection. It looks like a sign from the German lines. Not sure what it means.
    Possible German WWI Sign

Quote by Michael22191 View Post
    I got this with a WWI collection. It looks like a sign from the German lines. Not sure what it means.
    "Fußa." is the abbreviation for "Fußartillerie" [Foot Artillery/Dismounted Artillery]. Thus, it means:

"To the encampment
    Foot Artillery 6th Battery, 27th Regiment
    "

I cannot comment on authenticity.

Thanks, I am almost positive that its real. It came with a wwi helmet, uniform, and trench art.

Default Is this a german cap?

This cap came with the sign.

Possible German WWI Sign
    Possible German WWI Sign

MAP
    ?

I hope it is real but it doesn't look 100 years old from what I can see. Unless it was removed and stored away for that long. Just my opinion. I also think I can see pencil marks lining up the first letter.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks to me like a sign made up to enhance a WWI display. It's certainly not 100+ years old wood and paint.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Default Here is the back of it

The collection it came from was from a family of wwi vet. One can see where the holes are to attach it and on the back one can see it was attached to post. I see the pencil marks but it being hand painted, could be just to line up letters.
    Possible German WWI Sign

So long as you're happy with it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Michael22191 View Post
    The collection it came from was from a family of wwi vet. One can see where the holes are to attach it and on the back one can see it was attached to post. I see the pencil marks but it being hand painted, could be just to line up letters.
    Possible German WWI Sign
    It look like a piece of floor board or similar that has been painted at some time in recent years. If the sign had been removed from its mounting a century ago I would have expected all of the surface wood to have gone grey, front and back.

?

Hello,

Do you know anything about the veteran who might have picked this up? For instance, do you know a name or his division?

Thanks,
    CCMJR