Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

pour le merite

Article about: Oradour here are more pics of the medal and it weights exactly 33 grams Jean

Default Re: pour le merite

Oradour

here are more pics of the medal

and it weights exactly 33 grams

Jean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture pour le merite   pour le merite  

pour le merite  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement pour le merite
    P
    Many

Gents, IMO it is still a fake, despite new photos, as far as I am aware, hallmark should be either '938' or '925', as I have alresdy stated, not '83?', at the weight given it will be solid, although originals can be solid or hollow, as far as I know all fakes including the famed 'Spanish' are solid, coming in at around 34g.

Oradour

knew it was a fake by now, (thanks to the forum) but stil wanted to put the halmark on the site so everybody can see how it (not supposed to) look.

Jean

Quote by Redgemak View Post
    knew it was a fake by now, (thanks to the forum) but stil wanted to put the halmark on the site so everybody can see how it (not supposed to) look.Jean
    Jean, yes good idea, out of curiosity, how much did he want for it...seeing that the PLM is a fake, I would imagine the ring is also, but I must confess I dont collect or know enough to confirm autheticity on the ring !
    Prost ! Steve.

Jean, yes good idea, out of curiosity, how much did he want for it...
    Steve

have no idea, but he tells me that expert of a german auction house (Hermann?) are comming to valuate the cross.
    I think the seller is genuine in his belief the cross is not a fake.

Jean

Oradour

The bidding will end 29 of august and the highest bid today stands at € 900.
    According to the seller it was a juwelers copy made for Carl Degelow and given after his death to his comrade in arms Karl Zimmermann who served in the same regiment 2de Nassauischen Infanterie-Regiment Nr 88.
    This juwelrs copy was bought from Karl Zimmermans granddaughter together with a silver pilots ring and pin.
    So far the story.

If I hear more info, I let you know

The highest bid for this juwelers copy was €3600, today the seller got an offer for €500 more but he declined because he respects the closing time.

Jean

PS: no I'm not the seller nor the buyer.

pour le meritepour le meritepour le meritepour le meriteJean....re the story, you buy the item not the story...im sure you know that, unless accompanied by photographic and written provanence, that is checkable and traceable. If this is a jewellers copy is not IMO a good one, I for one would not be paying nearly 4000 Euros for it !, the last jewellers copy that I could of bought at a reputable U.K. dealer was £1200 a couple of months ago...here are some shots of a genuine boxed PLM that is currently for sale at £15,000 ! ....pricewise that is more like it. Look at the craftmanship, the quality, a Wagner made PLM, stunning ! I still stand by my opinion on the PLM you show, and feel that its new owner may be disapointed some time in the future.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

I fully agree with what your saying oradour but dont you find it strange that the supposed fake is more symetrical in pattern than the " original " you show

Dave...handmade,I believe every PLM was handmade, and consequently no two were ever the same...
    Prost ! Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2