Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Pour Le Merite REAL or FAKE Please Help

Article about: I have these two PLM's. I can not find any markings on the medals. The one has 925 on the ribbon devise. Also, what would these be worth n todays market? Thank you, Robert

?

Default Pour Le Merite REAL or FAKE Combined Medals

I have these two PLM's. I can not find any markings on the medals. The one has 925 on the ribbon devise. Also, what would these be worth n todays market? Thank you, Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pour Le Merite   REAL or FAKE  Please Help   Pour Le Merite   REAL or FAKE  Please Help  

Pour Le Merite   REAL or FAKE  Please Help   Pour Le Merite   REAL or FAKE  Please Help  

Pour Le Merite   REAL or FAKE  Please Help   Pour Le Merite   REAL or FAKE  Please Help  

Last edited by ap1169; 05-07-2011 at 02:59 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pour Le Merite   REAL or FAKE  Please Help
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Pour Le Merite REAL or FAKE Combined Medals

Sorry! When I listed these two PLM Medals they got commingled, so I reposted them individually. Thanks, Robert

Default Re: Pour Le Merite REAL or FAKE Please Help

first one looks good,,,maybe even a jeweller's piece,post ww i,second PLM no good

KSH
    ?

I am no expert on the PLM but I have a problem with the mismatching of the arms in the center junction of the first one:

Pour Le Merite   REAL or FAKE  Please Help

Good reference link for the PLM: The Typology of the Pour le Mrite

- Kenneth

ap1169, see here for some information...a minefield ! https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...-merite-23058/
    Prost ! Steve.

Vasilevich
    ?

It's easy to tell, Real PLM is handmade, as you see that the golden one has 4 eagles with different details in each of them, it also has gaps between the legs. Meaning that the golden one is real. The silver one is FAKE, as its not made by hand