Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Prussian Bugle 1915

Article about: One of two pickups today, 1915 dated and maker marked WWI Prussian Bugle, this type is usually thought to be for signalling as well as more ceremonial duties I would think. It is very salty

Default Prussian Bugle 1915

One of two pickups today, 1915 dated and maker marked WWI Prussian Bugle, this type is usually thought to be for signalling as well as more ceremonial duties I would think.

It is very salty with lots of pings and dents and the nickel silver bellmouth cover is loose and hanging off. Unusually it has a cord still attached though I do not know if it is original to it.

I probably paid too much for it considering its condition and the seller claimed it was a battlefield pickup, though quite want that means I am not sure. Presumably looted from a dead German soldier after a battle!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian Bugle 1915   Prussian Bugle 1915  

Prussian Bugle 1915   Prussian Bugle 1915  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prussian Bugle 1915
    P
    Many

I like it! It does have a certain charm to it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I like it! It does have a certain charm to it.

Cheers, Ade.
    I could not resist it, a souvenir of the Great War!
    Regards,

Jerry

?

I like that too.

In case you're interested, Konrad Eschenbach was a maker of metal wind instruments and learned his trade in the family run business. He started up his own business in 1887 making all sorts of instruments such as drums, violins, accordions and trumpets, his company was in Bahnhofstr. 317, Markneukirchen which is near the German/Czech border. His son took over the company in 1917.

Does it work?

Tony

Quote by ynot View Post
    I like that too.

In case you're interested, Konrad Eschenbach was a maker of metal wind instruments and learned his trade in the family run business. He started up his own business in 1887 making all sorts of instruments such as drums, violins, accordions and trumpets, his company was in Bahnhofstr. 317, Markneukirchen which is near the German/Czech border. His son took over the company in 1917.

Does it work?

Tony
    Tony,

According to the seller it was used recently to play the last post.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

I don't think it plays very well, but it is neat.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    I don't think it plays very well, but it is neat.
    He never said how good it sounded!
    Regards,

Jerry

its been in the wars.

Bugles, especially when battered, conjure up images (to me) of troops being rallied for battle. A lovely and very evocative item from the Great War. Incidentally Jerry, there is no reason why it shouldn't still play and sound well - even for all the dents in it. Mine does!

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Bugles, especially when battered, conjure up images (to me) of troops being rallied for battle. A lovely and very evocative item from the Great War. Incidentally Jerry, there is no reason why it shouldn't still play and sound well - even for all the dents in it. Mine does!
    Indeed Steve, an iconic and evocative item of great war militaria, long on my (very large) always wanted list. Now I need to find a British version to go with it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast