Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Is this Prussian Pilot's Badge and EK1 real?

Article about: Hi All, I just joined this forum. I learned of it from the good folks at: LugerForum where my userid is siegersallee there too. I found the Pilots Badge and EK1 below and I have been trying

Default Is this Prussian Pilot's Badge and EK1 real?

Hi All,

I just joined this forum. I learned of it from the good folks at: LugerForum where my userid is siegersallee there too.

I found the Pilots Badge and EK1 below and I have been trying to determine if they are real or fake.
    I have been reading several posts about the proliferation of fakes and fakes so good that only an expert can really tell.
    I read a number of posts from "Ferg1" and "Steven M" about fakes and reals and now I am totally confused.

Any advice on the originality and authenticity of this set is very much appreciated.

For what it worth, the proliferation of "faked" (pieces and parts married together) lugers has reached epidemic proportions...so sad.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Prussian Pilot's Badge and EK1 real?   Is this Prussian Pilot's Badge and EK1 real?  

Is this Prussian Pilot's Badge and EK1 real?   Is this Prussian Pilot's Badge and EK1 real?  

Is this Prussian Pilot's Badge and EK1 real?   Is this Prussian Pilot's Badge and EK1 real?  

Attached Images Attached Images Is this Prussian Pilot's Badge and EK1 real?  Is this Prussian Pilot's Badge and EK1 real?  Is this Prussian Pilot's Badge and EK1 real?  Is this Prussian Pilot's Badge and EK1 real?  Is this Prussian Pilot's Badge and EK1 real?  Is this Prussian Pilot's Badge and EK1 real? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this Prussian Pilot's Badge and EK1 real?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is this Prussian Pilot's Badge and EK1 real?

The Ek IS a fake.
    I am no expert on pilot's badges but my gut says ---BAD
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I had thought the same thing; but, I wanted a more informed opinion than simply my gut.

Thanks so much for your input.

These medals are on Ebay (US). I contacted the seller and he says he thinks they are fake but the auction does not say this.
    I think he is party to whole scam...

Ebay takes caveat emptor to a new level...remember: "...there's a sucker born every day, that's the Ebay way!!!"

I agree--Ebay can be a scary place but if you do your home work, you can find some
    great pieces there. Over half my collection can off ebay. Including my 1813 and a
    couple of 1870s.
    gregM

myself around.

I admit that I too have purchased militaria off of Ebay; and as you say, I did a lot of homework.
    I asked on the Luger forum, the Pickelhaube forum and now that I am getting into medals, this forum.

Guys like you have save me from making very poor purchases and for that I thank you.

I just purchased an EK1 that I am 89% sure is not a fake. Once I receive it I will post and get your thoughts on that too.

thanks again,
    Richard

We would be happy to take a look at it.
    gregM

myself around.