Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Prussian ww1 buckle original?

Article about: What do you all think? It looks authentic to me just trying to get second opinions. Thanks in advance.

Default Prussian ww1 buckle original?

What do you all think? It looks authentic to me just trying to get second opinions. Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian ww1 buckle original?   Prussian ww1 buckle original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prussian ww1 buckle original?
    P
    Many

Hi Kyle,

At first glance it looks like a original stamped Imperial Prussian EM and NCO's belt buckle painted in Feldgrau. The buckle catch and metal prong look as you would expect however I find the "G" for Gott a little odd looking. I have searched and have not been able to find one similar or on the three examples that I own. It just looks a little clumsy compared to the other lettering.

It may be a varient or little known manufacturer? Have a look under the bar with the two prongs and see if you can see any type of manufacturers stamps as they can sometimes be hidden under there.

It look OK but we don't have anything else to compare it to at this stage so I an hoping that one of the more experience buckle collectors can comment.

Andy

Thanks for the comment, I’m still trying to learn more about these buckles so I have no doubts.