Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

A rare Tschapka

Article about: I have this rare bird in my collection for a while now and finally managed to take some pictures. It’s a Prussian M15 lacquered felt Tschako in rather good condition. Something is strange on

?

Default A rare Tschako

I have this rare bird in my collection for a while now and finally managed to take some pictures. It’s a Prussian M15 lacquered felt Tschako in rather good condition.
    Something is strange on the other hand, it has a Reichskokarde and a Prussian kokarde as well. I’ve looked several times to find traces of a Feldzeichen, but it seems there was never one applied an also it seems the Prussian kokarde was there forever. Is it possible that a Tschako was worn that way? The previous owner had found it with a red fabric ball on a metal wire in the slit of the Feldzeichen, but that also didn’t create any marks. I think it was something from a fanfare or circus…
    Maybe someone can post a period picture or so and hopefully this little mistery can be solved…

Adler

Last edited by Adler; 01-15-2016 at 10:07 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A rare Tschapka
    P
    Many

Fantastic tschako Karel, congratulations! Yes, a very rare bird!

Quote:By member Adler 1
    Something is strange on the other hand, it has a Reichskokarde and a Prussian kokarde as well. I’ve looked several times to find traces of a Feldzeichen, but it seems there was never one applied an also it seems the Prussian kokarde was there forever. Is it possible that a Tschako was worn that way?
    I can believe that both kokardes have been on it from day-1. I don't have any period photos to prove it on a tschako. But I can believe that on an ersatz piece like this, that both kokardes could have been worn instead of having a Prussian feldzeichen.

Best Regards,

Alan

?

Thank you Sir!

Adler