Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this real??????

Article about: qotd...heres another, this shows an original matchbox !....sadly the one I show in my post in this thread is a reproduction Prost ! Steve.

?

Default Is this real??????

I found this in a local antique store, paid AU60 for it.....

I know its a match box cover, unmarked....does it look ok???

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this real??????   Is this real??????  

Is this real??????  

Default Re: Is this real??????

Hi Tony, looks fine to me. These were a popular item to buy.

Cheers, Ade.

?

amazing what you find in a store window walking thru the CBD of melboure on my way to psych!

It always pays to keep your eyes peeled!

Cheers, Ade.

?

He also had a WW1 Iron cross and ribbon with a hindenburg postcard, they came as a set

?

Thanks Ade for the info, so these were a private purchase item??? Might have to get a box of matches from the shops to display it with. I have noticed on the nest there are a number of different types. Think I paid a little more than they are selling for on the nest, but its not everyday you see one in a shop window!

qotd.....theres plenty of information on these "patriotic" items in the Imperial section including this item, you have to search.......this forum has a wealth of information, one only has to look. Prost ! Steve.

?

Once again Oradour, you have caught me out. I tend to get quiet excited when find these small peices, and even though the info is there, and I appreciate those who contribute, I selfishly like to know wether the partiualr peice I have is ok. I can read tome and verse on these items, and still have doubts, whereas I can post a pic and someone who might collect these may say, theres a red flag here or there. Basicaly what I am saying is I dont trust my own judgement!!! I post the pics, I had never thought of having one of these, just happened to see it, and even though I could read and see pics of real ones, It is still nice to know that this particular example, the one I have in my hands is ok.....

qotd.....have a look here, WW1 cigarette case
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Thanks mate,

Your info is invaluable, bu then again, I dont always trust what I find down here in OZ!

Again, this is one of those items where you want to find a few different variations to collect.......will it ever end

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast