Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Real of Fake EK2 1914!!!!!

Article about: Hi i need a help on this one. I'm interested in purchasing this ek2 1914 WWI . Since i dont have much experience on detecting fakes, i would like to show you to help me identify if it's real

?

Default Re: Real of Fake EK2 1914!!!!!

I've never seen fake EK2 from ww 1, it is a very good one
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I dont like-I thing is a fake .
    On picture A-this cross is real -on Picture B too many differences
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real of Fake EK2 1914!!!!!  

John,

Shouldn't different makers have different quality products?
    Some real crosses are very detailed and others not.
    Couldn't that explain the differences between this one and yours?

Quote by fpicoli View Post
    John,

Shouldn't different makers have different quality products?
    Some real crosses are very detailed and others not.
    Couldn't that explain the differences between this one and yours?
    If you decide you don't want it, I'll buy it from you. There are more core variations than I can count as there were many, many firms producing these. There is nothing wrong with this cross and it would be a great addition to any EK collection...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Steven M View Post
    If you decide you don't want it, I'll buy it from you. There are more core variations than I can count as there were many, many firms producing these. There is nothing wrong with this cross and it would be a great addition to any EK collection...
    I totally agree with the above. The cross is original. I've got 10 EK2's made by different makers & each is slightly different (all are on the Imperial EK thread). The differences in Imperial EK's is what makes them interesting to collect!!! Also TR production was far more standardised than Imperial so it is wrong to apply those criterias when judging Imperial EK's.

Cheers,

Richard.

To compare with others, the makers mark is " L W ", as shown on the fotoghaph below. I think it is an unknown maker?!?!
    Attached Images Attached Images Real of Fake EK2 1914!!!!! 

Quote by fpicoli View Post
    To compare with others, the makers mark is "Luftwaffe", as shown on the fotoghaph below. I think it is an unknown maker?!?!
    I don't think the maker is "Luftwaffe"... You must understand that the impressions were made by a flat stamp on a rounded surface. This can and will produce a final result that is unrecognizable sometimes. The producers of these awards were not concerned with satisfying the discriminating collectors of the future.

I don't know what else I can add to this as it has all been said, numerous times. I really wish that when casting doubt on an item, there would at least be some solid evidence presented instead of suspicion or hunches. This is very bad for the collecting world, especially when fine original items are presented. The cross is 100% original...I have nothing else to add
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Sorry!!!

I've typed " L W " and automatically wrote Luftwaffe?!?!?!?

Some kind of typing corrector/review activated?!?!? (try to do type those two letters together and post.... you will see!)

Thanks for all your time and knowledge!

The makers EW & as you said an unknown.

Quote by Steven M View Post
    There are more core variations than I can count ...
    Exactly. And not only did cores change between makers but
    also several makers are known to have used multiple cores.
    For example the crosses marked "KAG used two hughly different
    style cores. "KO" marked crosses can be found with three
    different cores.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast