Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Recently Acquired

Article about: Here's a photo of the German Sawback Bayonet 98/05, maker-marked ANKER-WERKE (Bielefeld) that I recently purchased through Stewarts Military Antiques, thanks to a heads up from Oradour. An a

Default Re: Recently Acquired

Thanks, Steve. It was a pleasure dealing with Stewarts Militaria. I'm very happy with it. Thanks again for telling me about them.
    The camo helmet looks a lot better in hand. The pics don't do it justice. It's just a shell. No liner. I've always had trouble reading the mm. Looks like.. W66 and on the top it's R496. It's also named. Fischer II 2/110.

Luke

?

Very nice dagger. I was tempted to get it myself Though other things cought my eye and then more things cought my eye. I still cant decide.

Very nice display aswell. I love displays like that

Cheers, Pat

Hey, Pat. I'm glad you didn't buy it. Haha! I know what you mean. Thanks.

Luke

Quote by rogge16 View Post
    Hey Helmetone,
    I know. My camera is junk! I did get some closeups but they looked bad. Sorry. A good camera is next on my list.

Luke
    I was just poking fun at ya, lol. I had much the same problem with a less than stellar camera, but it was all I had. My wife has a tendency to make off with the high end camera for taking pics of the kid, so I only get it when I can steal it back. Still, a great looking bayonet!

Luke, your helmet mark "W66" is the mm for " Hermann Weissenburger & Co" in Stuttgart-Canstatt, they only made size 66. I have the exact same M16 helmet in my collection from that same maker !
    The mark "R496", indicates that the batch of steel from which your helmet was made, is from the rolling mills at "Stahlwerk Röchling" in Volkingen.
    Prost ! Steve.

Excellent blade! I have always wanted one myself, but just have a standard butcher bayo at the moment. Got to be happy to be the owner of this one.

Jason

WOW, Steve! Thanks for the information. Maybe we can get a look at your helmet one of these days. And again, thanks to all for your comments.

Luke

?

Great stuff! congratulations!

Adler

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2