Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reserve Medal for consideration

Article about: Hello All I picked up this 2nd class reserve ribbon for Prussia I believe. Nice medal, great toning and patina. Outside of confirmation as to what it is the size is odd the medal is 14mm out

Default Reserve Medal for consideration

Hello All
    I picked up this 2nd class reserve ribbon for Prussia I believe.
    Nice medal, great toning and patina.

Outside of confirmation as to what it is the size is odd
    the medal is 14mm
    outside length and width is
    43mm X 49mm

the workmanship on the mount is great, the pin is perhaps the most heavy duty one I have ever handled.

was this a early attempt at a "mini medal"

Cheers and thanks in advance

GeneralReserve Medal for considerationReserve Medal for considerationReserve Medal for considerationReserve Medal for considerationReserve Medal for consideration

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reserve Medal for consideration
    P
    Many

?

Lightbulb

Hello,

The medal is Landwehr (Territorial Army) Service Award second class and is full size - not 14 mm, as you claim. It can be clearly seen on the measuring tape on your third photo.

Medal is nicely patinated original, as well as single mounted medal bar. The mount is quite unique, as it uses ribbon as backing "cloth". It is quite common to see spare ribbon as backing material on german ribbon bars, but the same ribbon as is on obverse mounted on both sides of the bar to serve as a show off ribbon and backing material as well is scarcer.

When you lift up the medal, you can clearly see that it is literally stamped to the ribbon mount and the dark blue ribbon is visibly lighter (or cleaner) under it. Which proves these were born together long time ago.

Sorry, but from your pictures and description I would have had some doubts about this combo, but I have one advantage - I used to hold this bar in my hands. Here are my sale´s pics.

Miro

Reserve Medal for considerationReserve Medal for considerationReserve Medal for considerationReserve Medal for considerationReserve Medal for consideration

did you sell it to me or a subsequent buyer?

Reserve Medal for considerationReserve Medal for considerationyou may have misunderstood my statement. The metal medal part is 14 mm. The medal and the ribbon I count as 2 different parts.
    plus when you look at it without any reference around it seems smaller then most. just my perception When I opened it,
    did you sell this because you thought something was wrong with it and wanted to offload it? I plan at some point to resell it and don't want to run into any problem. I would rather eat the money on a problem piece then resell.
    Seems okay to me. def seems period.
    not trying to be an ass just want to be transparent.

?

Sorry, I still see "metal medal" part measuring 25 mm, which is correct length. In my part of the world measuring starts from zero, not from 1.

You can find some measurements and photos here:
    Landwehr Dienstauszeichnung 2.Klasse 1913

Landwehr DA is quite small in comparison to other prussian awards, but legit, as you can see here:

A 1901 China Service Medal Bar to the 37th Infantry Regiment | eMedals

I consider this single bar absolutely legit. Just to make things clear, I don´t sell awards because they are questionable. I sell them when I need to raise funds for another purchases. I am oriented mainly on Iron crosses and Godet minis, so I didn´t have any problem to sell this one.

Miro

no problem miro thanks for the info. just wanted to make sure we are both on the same page, if you have anything else related you would like to move keep me in mind sir,

?

Ok, no worries, I have no problem to back up my statements, either here, or on ebay.

Here is something related, but unfortunately not for sale - because it is Godet mini. Landwehr Long Service Award 1. class (for 20 years). Enjoy.

Reserve Medal for considerationReserve Medal for considerationReserve Medal for considerationReserve Medal for consideration
    Last edited by Miro; 03-11-2015 at 08:06 PM.

?

I also see "metal medal" part measuring 25 mm, which is correct length (or was it 25,3 or something) .
    and i dont see any problem with that medal. Nice medal.

I made a mistake on the MM statement because my pompous country cannot get on board and use the metric system like the rest of the world

sorry bout that guys

nice mounted medal.and we do't use metric here either.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast