Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

S98/05 with runes on handle

Article about: Hello. I recently picked up this bayonet locally. I got it at a reduced price as I pointed out to the seller the handles were not original and there was no scabbard but I've always really li

Thank you Militariaone for your detailed response. I also agree it has been polished as well. I think I'll stick with me original plan to replace the grips at some point down the road. No loss. I got it cheap do to it's condition.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement S98/05 with runes on handle
    P
    Many

Hi. I took off the handle and found what looked like another mark under the pommel. I did some careful cleaning and found a skull mark with 2 small runes above it. I now have more questions than answers LOL. It's a pity someone aggressively cleaned this. It was blued underneath the handle. I did see a mark similar doing an internet search in a book by Mike Welser that has info on SS marked bayonets. I did a side by side image but didn't include the picture as it's likely copy righted. Are these markings ligit? Sorry if I seem to be beating a dead horse. Just want to share the new findings.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture S98/05 with runes on handle   S98/05 with runes on handle  

S98/05 with runes on handle  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2