Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Salty Spiky thing #6 work in progress

Article about: I did a Trade for this salty Lid on Sat at a Military show, the price was Very good, even for the condition AS you can see in the photos it will take sometime to fix this one up, it was mis

?

Default Salty Spiky thing #6 work in progress

Salty Spiky thing #6  work in progressSalty Spiky thing #6  work in progressSalty Spiky thing #6  work in progressSalty Spiky thing #6  work in progressSalty Spiky thing #6  work in progressSalty Spiky thing #6  work in progressSalty Spiky thing #6  work in progressSalty Spiky thing #6  work in progress

I did a Trade for this salty Lid on Sat at a Military show, the price was Very good, even for the condition
    AS you can see in the photos it will take sometime to fix this one up, it was mis formed and the brass had come away from the brim and would not go back on. after I started reshapeing the helmet everything lined back up and the brass went back on.
    The helmet was repurposed long ago as the original holes now have period brass "plugs" in them, once the form is out of the helmet ( after it dries) I will take better inside photos of this one..yup it needs a few parts to complete, however as I did not have one of these, and again, the price was so good, I though it worthwhile.

Please make comments.

Dean O
    Canada

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Salty Spiky thing #6  work in progress
    P
    Many

Very nice project you've got there!.....

Keep us up to date on how you are doing great helmet.

Love the antique hat stretcher!!!!!!1
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Danmark, I have 2 or 3 of those, I find them in antique shops for about $50 Canadian Dollars, so I buy them when ever I find them, I keep some of my better caps on the other 2 and use this one for work projects, you can never have too many of the old wooden ones if you are a collector.

Dean O

Quote by CampX View Post
    Danmark, I have 2 or 3 of those, I find them in antique shops for about $50 Canadian Dollars. Dean O
    You lucky man !the wood formers are at a bargain price !!
    Its a labour of love goes into restoring these helmets (something I miss !), with such satisfaction when completed, giving life back to a once discarded items, great work Dean ! Indeed please show when completed..................
    Prost ! Steve.