Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sample of WWI Diary, Map and Pics

Article about: Hello- I'm new to this forum. I have a 514 page diary my Grandfather wrote from 1914 to 1922. I've posted samples of maps, pics and pages from the diary. I'm having them appraised at WWI mus

halmills
    ?

Default Sample of WWI Diary, Map and Pics

Hello-

I'm new to this forum. I have a 514 page diary my Grandfather wrote from 1914 to 1922. I've posted samples of maps, pics and pages from the diary. I'm having them appraised at WWI museum in KC this month. I found this forum just last night. And I thought I would post and see if there are any private collectors interested.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sample of WWI Diary, Map and Pics   Sample of WWI Diary, Map and Pics  

Sample of WWI Diary, Map and Pics   Sample of WWI Diary, Map and Pics  

Sample of WWI Diary, Map and Pics  

Default Re: Sample of WWI Diary, Map and Pics

So you are saying that they are for sale? If so, I would think that this would be a priceless family heirloom since it was your Grandfather's...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

OKW
    ?

Is that Hitler standing 2nd from right in group photo?

halmills
    ?

Sorry no Hitler...ha ha

halmills
    ?

Yes it is for sale...hard economic times. Your in luck if interested I'm in Oklahoma.

OKW
    ?

With all due respect, and i don't know how pressing your financial commitments are, but i would have thought approaching a publisher of military books might be more financially rewarding, eventually.

halmills
    ?

Good advice...thanks.

Quote by halmills View Post
    Yes it is for sale...hard economic times. Your in luck if interested I'm in Oklahoma.

No, not interested, just bewildered. Unless there is something written in the diary that relates to a famous battle or personality, or signed by a notable person, the price you will get won't provide financial security and won't even come close to equaling the loss of an irreplaceable piece of family history.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

halmills
    ?

Therein lies the mystery written in old style german two German speaking people have had trouble translating. Very unique piece...Thank you for the sage advice. Actually, I got a valuable tip from OKW. I'll try a publisher and see if they can get the details through a professional translator.

?

Quote by Steven M View Post
    No, not interested, just bewildered. Unless there is something written in the diary that relates to a famous battle or personality, or signed by a notable person, the price you will get won't provide financial security and won't even come close to equaling the loss of an irreplaceable piece of family history.
    I've got to concur with Steve's assessment of this , financially this isn't going to get you that much but as a piece of history for your family it's priceless . Once it's gone into the collecting world it isn't ever going to come back to you
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.