Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

saxony albert order

Article about: i have asked for more pictures but for now this is the only one available. could yall tell me anything about it. the most important thing is if it is authentic thanks john

Thumbs up saxony albert order

i have asked for more pictures but for now this is the only one available. could yall tell me anything about it. the most important thing is if it is authentic
    thanks
    john
    saxony albert order

Default Re: saxony albert order

Hi it looks good, White enamel and silver gilt Latin cross with out-turned ends to the arms, with crossed silver gilt swords between the arms, with scroll and original loop for ribbon suspension; the face with a circular central white enamel medallion bearing the silver gilt head of Albert the Bold (Albrecht der Beherzten) in relief facing right within a blue enamel ring inscribed in gilt letters ‘ALBERTUS ANIMOSUS’ (Albert the Bold), gilt star and scroll decoration below; the reverse with a circular central white enamel medallion bearing the silver gilt and blue and green enamel crowned arms of Saxony within a blue enamel ring with gilt star and scroll decoration, dated ‘1850’ below in gilt letters; maker’s mark ‘G’ (for Glaser und Sohn of Dresden) on the base; on possibly replaced correct ribbon. Albert the Bold (1443-1500), a man of great strength and courage, was Duke of Saxony and founder of the Albertine branch of the ruling Wettin family. The Order was founded in his memory on 31 December 1850 by King Friedrich Augustus II to recognise ‘all those who render useful service to the state, or who distinguish themselves through civil merit, science, art, etc., who have earned a claim to Our recognition’. On 29 October 1866, following the Austro-Prussian War in which Saxony sided with Austria, King Johann amended the statutes so that the Order might be awarded both for civilian merit in war and as a military award. This version dates from 1910 onwards and would have been awarded during World War I. The Order was suppressed in 1918. Hope this helps, This one costs £325, expensive...
    Attached Images Attached Images saxony albert order  saxony albert order  saxony albert order  saxony albert order 

Default Re: saxony albert order

John, as Darren as said, 100% genuine , more commonly seen on frack/medal bars, rare and expensive award, but worth owning !
    Prost ! Steve.