Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Searching for Post WW1 Freikorps German Knights/Iron Cross

Article about: Hello, I am new to this type of collectible in general, (I am a consultant) and am currently engaged in a search for a client who is seeking a Post World War I Freikorps German Knights Cross

CSConsulting
    ?

Smile Searching for Post WW1 Freikorps German Knights/Iron Cross

Hello,

I am new to this type of collectible in general, (I am a consultant) and am currently engaged in a search for a client who is seeking a Post World War I Freikorps German Knights Cross (I believe it is also called an Iron Cross). I have had a difficult time finding items that meet this classification, having searched Ebay and e-medals.com. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction towards finding this type of item, I have mostly been finding World War II Iron Crosses which don't fit my client's specifications. Thank you! Searching for Post WW1 Freikorps German Knights/Iron CrossSearching for Post WW1 Freikorps German Knights/Iron Cross

2. # ADS

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Please be patient, someone who can help you will be along. An Iron Cross/Eisernes Kreuz is different from what you are looking for.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

As Ralph said, not an Iron Cross at all, and the "Knight's Cross" is a mistranslation:

The award pictured is the 1st Class of the Deutschritter-Kreuz des Detachement von Randow [Teutonic Knights' Cross of the Detachment von Randow].

(Sorry; I don't know where to best find an authentic specimen.)

MAP
    ?

A quick Google doesn't turn up much, just a few that were sold by Hermann Historica back a few years ago. If no one here has leads (and to be fair our esteemed HLP2008 has given you quite a lead with the correct name), I would suggest asking some European Dealers if they can scout around. Many of these higher end auction houses have good networks to dig up items for their periodic auctions (but buyer beware, not all that glitters is gold so you need to know real from fake). Maybe contact Klaus Butschek at Ratisbon's auction house

ratisbon's | Premier online auctions for everyone!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

crickets.......
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I may also suggest the MA Shops Huisken and Futter... Good reputations and very helpful... I wish you luck in your search... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I did a search of the dealers that I have bought from and this is as close
    as I could find ----
    https://www.weitze.com/militaria/14/...lf__67014.html
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

CSConsulting
    ?

Cool Thank you!

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    I did a search of the dealers that I have bought from and this is as close
    as I could find ----
    https://www.weitze.com/militaria/14/...lf__67014.html
    Thank you everyone for your help! Sorry for not replying sooner, I was not receiving email notifications so didn't know I received so many responses! I will take your advice and see what I can find.