Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Seeking information about helmet

Article about: I purchased this helmet at a flea market in western North Carolina in the early 1970s when I was a kid. I've identified the type, but am curious about the black paint, which looks to be over

?

Default Seeking information about helmet

I purchased this helmet at a flea market in western North Carolina in the early 1970s when I was a kid. I've identified the type, but am curious about the black paint, which looks to be over the original mustard brown. I was wondering if this was used by a police force or fire brigade in the 1920s or 30s, or possibly reused during WWII? Any help would be appreciated.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Seeking information about helmet   Seeking information about helmet  

Attached Images Attached Images Seeking information about helmet 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Seeking information about helmet
    P
    Many

?

Nice piece, hard to find helmet. I would guess that it could have been reused. There appears to be some white marks on the side, is that the remains of a decal?

Quite likely used by Luftschutz/Air Raid Protection Services...Surplus Helmets, along with captured stocks of foreign helmets were often repainted and reissued ... Appears to be the proper "Luftschutz" Blue/Black Color as well....
    cheers, Glenn

?

Thanks for the information Glenn. I will recheck but I think that the white marks are paint.

Tom