Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Shopping for WW I German

Article about: Hi, New here. I like the forum. Very interesting discussions. Hope I'm not out of line. I am looking to add to my collection of WW I German items. Here is a link to my photobucket album of a

Default Re: Shopping for WW I German

Good to know the seller knows what he is selling. Not always the case.

Gentlemen...the pouches shown are not "Sani" pouches, but are Model 1887 cartridge pouches, for Pioneer, foot artillery and traffic troops....commonly known as "NCO pouches" these originally held 11mm ammo, but the design was modified during the war to hold three clips of 5 rounds of 7.9mm ammo per pouch for use with the wartime modified 1914 G88s, thirty rounds being carried overall.....I have a pair on my NCO M10 display, they can just be seen on this photograph. So it appears the seller does not know his onions !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Shopping for WW I German  

Nice display. Would like to see more of it. That is the pouch I am looking for. I have a Gew 88 Commission rifle that I shoot regularly and would like to find a couple of the pouches. Can you post more pictures of your display?

Terry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2