Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Silesian Eagle

Article about: Hello colleagues, these are far from my area of collecting but I just want to check about this eagle. Thanks in advance.

Default Silesian Eagle

Hello colleagues, these are far from my area of collecting but I just want to check about this eagle.
    Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Silesian Eagle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Silesian Eagle
    P
    Many

Hi,

there were really very few variants of this decoration. This one looks OK for me, probably a later manufacturing, form the 1930s.

greetings from Silesia
    Tomasz

Thanks Tomasz, I made some research about these and there seems to be a lot of variations. I begin to like It myself now.

I've always liked these Eagles, but the near infinite differences between the styles and details of the manufacturers and the ages made are daunting, indeed. Personally, I Believe that this one May be good, but it's a huge task to ever be sure on these pieces. I am not too enamored with the reverse edge on the wing and it's flaws. Freikorp badges and insignias are always enormous minefields and do put off many a collector.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I've always liked these Eagles, but the near infinite differences between the styles and details of the manufacturers and the ages made are daunting, indeed. Personally, I Believe that this one May be good, but it's a huge task to ever be sure on these pieces. I am not too enamored with the reverse edge on the wing and it's flaws. Freikorp badges and insignias are always enormous minefields and do put off many a collector.
    The SAI is likely Third Reich period.
    As for the comment about "Freikorps badges and insignias" being an "enormous minefield": The same can be said (in spades) about Third Reich and Imperial German (actually any area of military collecting) if you don't know what you're doing. There are good references for Freikorps material, now and several expert collectors on online forums (not this one, unfortunately), who can help steer newer collectors.
    There are comparatively few Freikorps repros, unlike other periods of German militaria collecting. It's a fascinating and neglected period of German history and well-worth collecting, now, as prices are starting to rise because it's becoming more and more popular, especially in Europe and Russia.