Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Silver Merit Medal of the Bavarian Industrial - Association Verdienstmedaille Des Bayerischen Industriellen Verbandes

Article about: Silver Merit Medal of the Bavarian Industrial - Association Verdienstmedaille Des Bayerischen Industriellen Verbandes Silver Medal with Button Hole Award Ribbon Unusual to be found in a Desc

Default Silver Merit Medal of the Bavarian Industrial - Association Verdienstmedaille Des Bayerischen Industriellen Verbandes

Silver Merit Medal of the Bavarian Industrial - Association Verdienstmedaille Des Bayerischen Industriellen Verbandes

Silver Medal with Button Hole Award Ribbon

Unusual to be found in a Deschler and Sohn Case

Outstanding condition. Case and Medal Near Mint.
    CARL POELLATH SCHROBENHAUSEN
    50,3mm 49,5g
    Silver Marked 990
    Button hold marked 850 silver in reverse- nicely toned

Let me know what you guys think.

I appreciate it in advance

General PSilver Merit Medal of the Bavarian Industrial -   Association Verdienstmedaille Des Bayerischen Industriellen VerbandesSilver Merit Medal of the Bavarian Industrial -   Association Verdienstmedaille Des Bayerischen Industriellen VerbandesSilver Merit Medal of the Bavarian Industrial -   Association Verdienstmedaille Des Bayerischen Industriellen VerbandesSilver Merit Medal of the Bavarian Industrial -   Association Verdienstmedaille Des Bayerischen Industriellen VerbandesSilver Merit Medal of the Bavarian Industrial -   Association Verdienstmedaille Des Bayerischen Industriellen VerbandesSilver Merit Medal of the Bavarian Industrial -   Association Verdienstmedaille Des Bayerischen Industriellen VerbandesSilver Merit Medal of the Bavarian Industrial -   Association Verdienstmedaille Des Bayerischen Industriellen VerbandesSilver Merit Medal of the Bavarian Industrial -   Association Verdienstmedaille Des Bayerischen Industriellen VerbandesSilver Merit Medal of the Bavarian Industrial -   Association Verdienstmedaille Des Bayerischen Industriellen Verbandes

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Silver Merit Medal of the Bavarian Industrial -   Association Verdienstmedaille Des Bayerischen Industriellen Verbandes
    P
    Many

Very nice! Any idea of the year it was given?

I have no idea the best I can is pre TR- I am sure they where given over a number of years.

I picked it up on the merits of its condition. Once I had it in hand and searched around it seems that its a CARL POELLATH made or struck medal and usually came in a similar box with the Poellath name on the inside. it seems this must have been able to be sourced through other jewelers or suppliers in the case Deschler

MAP
    ?

Not one that I have ever known about but it sure is a beautiful design.

Do you understand the symbolism of the bee and beehive on the reverse?

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I am coming across a bunch of articles of the meaning of beehives or apiary. they are extensively used in Masonry and other organizations, including religions across the globe. I am sure I can peg it down to what the meaning was to Bavarians.

MAP
    ?

Basically it means that a single bee working alone can achieve little, but as part of the 'hive" anything is possible....or something along those lines.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I am gong to guess and say it is because bees represent tireless builders?
    Whoops! Wrong answer!

MAP
    ?

Quote by carpediem View Post
    I am gong to guess and say it is because bees represent tireless builders?
    Whoops! Wrong answer!
    Don't think that is too far off. I don't have the "correct" terminology, but combine yours with mine and I think it is closer to the original intent.

Quote by GeneralPutnam View Post
    I am coming across a bunch of articles of the meaning of beehives or apiary. they are extensively used in Masonry and other organizations, including religions across the globe. I am sure I can peg it down to what the meaning was to Bavarians.
    Personally, I am not aware of any special meaning of the bee to us Bavarians in particular, but the bee is proverbially associated with hard work and dilligence in Germany (as elsewhere), which is reflected in expressions such as bienenfleißig [busy as a bee]. I am pretty sure this is the reason for its use on this industrial award.

(Come to think it, one could say that a beehive is a honey factory.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast