Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Some aerial photographs, 1918

Article about: As mentioned in a previous thread, the Post Office was kept busy this week. I received these three aerial photos of: Boiry-Bequerelle [sic]; 'Weisses-Loch' and Cressy-Omencourt. All are appr

Default Some aerial photographs, 1918

As mentioned in a previous thread, the Post Office was kept busy this week.

I received these three aerial photos of: Boiry-Bequerelle [sic]; 'Weisses-Loch' and Cressy-Omencourt. All are approximately 180x130mm.

I find the detail provided, notably of the trench lines, absolutely fascinating.

One has to wonder how anyone could have survived.

Cheers
    Tim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some aerial photographs, 1918   Some aerial photographs, 1918  

Some aerial photographs, 1918   Some aerial photographs, 1918  

Amazing, the bomb and shell craters! There hardly seems to be a clear square foot of land without one.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I could study those for hours. I take it they are original? I did not know that such photos were available.

Hi Spitace

Well, let me put it this way. I believe that they are period produced photos. I certainly purchased them as such.

They appear to have been in a photo album - each corner has a slight triangular crease.

I have not done a blacklight test though - getting one tomorrow, and while I know it is not foolproof, it will give me ease of mind.

Having said all this, the seller has stated in writing that he will give a refund for 3 months after the purchase and will pay any expense incurred in testing. I know that this is not necessarily a guarantee, but it does make me feel a little better.

If anyone has even the slightest concern about the authenticity, please let me know poste haste.

I will post a few more that I do have concerns about in another thread a little later - probably tomorrow.

Cheers
    Tim

?

I don't think that there can be even the slightest doubt, they are real. Well done.

Look 100 percent mate..good purchase

Thanks gents - appreciate the comments.

Tim

?

Great period pics. Congrats.

Quote by Allegra View Post
    As mentioned in a previous thread, the Post Office was kept busy this week.

I received these three aerial photos of: Boiry-Bequerelle [sic]; 'Weisses-Loch' and Cressy-Omencourt. All are approximately 180x130mm.

I find the detail provided, notably of the trench lines, absolutely fascinating.

One has to wonder how anyone could have survived.

Cheers
    Tim
    I was reminded by Ernst Jünger's 'In Stahlgewittern.'
    He describes WWI warfare and it is indeed a wonder anybody survived (though Jünger revelled in the warfare)

Hi Scout

Thanks for the 'heads up' on the book - getting the Penguin English language version from Amazon. It's a damned pity my German is so poor because I found the original on Project Gutenberg for free...

I have always loved All Quiet on the Western Front since my first read of it when I was in Year 9. I recently found the original version (much better than the remake) of the film on iTunes.

Cheers

Great news Ladies and Gentlemen.

I have just been able to pick up the aerial photo of 'Weisses-Loch' - dated the 20th April - the day prior to the second photo shown above. The difference in the landscape is simply staggering. I will post as soon as I have it in hand - though here is a bit of a teaser...

Cheers
    Tim