Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Some Random Pics Today

Article about: Guys, I have started to pic these up if it appears interesting, there is a MG badge in wear on one of them and 92nd is a local bunch at Braunschwieg. Regards Jock

Default Some Random Pics Today

Guys,

I have started to pic these up if it appears interesting, there is a MG badge in wear on one of them and 92nd is a local bunch at Braunschwieg.

Regards

Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some Random Pics Today   Some Random Pics Today  

Some Random Pics Today   Some Random Pics Today  

Default Re: Some Random Pics Today

Love the group shot in their picklehauben, Jock !
    Regards,

Steve.

Jock, excellent collection, need a donation again....seriously though, can you post the photo on its own, showing the MG badge, I cant see it...(which one is it!)...
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Quote by jock auld View Post
    Guys,

I have started to pic these up if it appears interesting, there is a MG badge in wear on one of them and 92nd is a local bunch at Braunschwieg.

Regards

Jock
    Nice collection.
    Don't worry about spelling. I went to college for 8 years and still can't spell worth a damn. My wife typed all my papers.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Jock, excellent collection, need a donation again....seriously though, can you post the photo on its own, showing the MG badge, I cant see it...(which one is it!)...
    Prost ! Steve.
    Greetings from flanders left hand man left arm.

Jock

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Nice collection.
    Don't worry about spelling. I went to college for 8 years and still can't spell worth a damn. My wife typed all my papers.
    I know there is a spell check somewhere but I haven't worked it out yet. Its on the things to do list.

Jock

Quote by oradour View Post
    Prost ! Steve.
    Steve,

You know I'm not keen on dealers and I suppose its a fine line some times.

So if you send me some SAE, at risk of becoming a dealer I will send you what I find at cost price plus a beer or we can swap?

I could fill you a shoebox in a couple of months but I would assume you are only interested in quality interesting prints.

Anonoums bloke stood in groups wearing pork pies and drillich are everywhere and not that interesting.

Jock

Greetings from flanders left hand man left arm.

Jock
    Steve,

This is the best I can do without my camera (full of sand from holiday).

I will try again when it is back from repair.

Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some Random Pics Today  
    Attached Images Attached Images Some Random Pics Today 

Hi All,

I'm intresting in buying this guy his EK II cross and sa he also selling some great WWI plane pictures.What can I pay for them?I would like to give the medal and some pic to my dad for his birthday.Thanks in advance
    It's a Dutch site from Belgium,I hope you can see them :-)

Zoekertjes op 2dehands.be

Thanks in advance

Blue Heaven

This is the best I can do without my camera (full of sand from holiday).Jock
    Jock, I see it now ! good photograph.....the soldat in the the 2nd picture, first grouping, is wearing what looks to me, an even rarer badge on his right upper arm, a pre-WW1 'Kaisers markmanship prize' badge, instituted in 1895 by Kaiser Wilhelm II and awarded to the best company in every Army Corps for the combat marksmanship course. The badge was allowed to be worn on the right sleeve for one year unless earned again. At that time the strength of an Infantry company was 250 men, four companies per battalion, three battalions per regiment, three regiments per division, three or more divisions per corps. That roughly means that out of about 27,000 men only 250 had the honor of wearing this coveted badge in each corps. Gilded, stamped brass with a metal backing plate, blue wool oval backing cloth, a scarce badge ! I include a photo (courtesy of Stewarts military antiques) of the said badge (1908 award), I also show the version for Artillery marksmanship (1907 award). it is amazing the details one can find on these old photographs.
    Prost! Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images Some Random Pics Today  Some Random Pics Today 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast