Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Some Random Pics Today

Article about: Guys, I have started to pic these up if it appears interesting, there is a MG badge in wear on one of them and 92nd is a local bunch at Braunschwieg. Regards Jock

Default Re: Some Random Pics Today

Don't mean to jump onto your thread but all these cool photos inspired me to share a couple of mine. The fisrt is a nice example of a Bavarian soldier circa 1914 and the second is of a youg man in the Wuttemberg Ski Troops. You can make out the "S" on his collar under magnification.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some Random Pics Today  
    Attached Images Attached Images Some Random Pics Today 

i absolutely love these pictures, but fact is i dont have any
    thanks for sharing Jock, i will try to find some for myself in the long run!

regards,
    finn

Croix de Guerre , super pictures !...the "Wurttemburg" soldat is in fact IMO Bavarian "Gebirgstruppen"...a member of the Bavarian "Scneesschuh-Bataillons No 1" raised in 1914, note the 'Edelweiss' insignia on left side of feldmutze, he wears the special Bavarian field gray 'Skilitewka' tunic, which had a green piped collar, having two green piped pockets in the rear of the skirt, each fastened with two buttons. It had two breast pockets and two hip pockets. On the collar were grey patches with a green letter 'S'. Wurttemburg also had Ski Battalions and wore a similiar tunic, but with "green woolen rolls" (shulterwuster) at the tops of there sleeves at the shoulder seams, like Austrian tunics, clearly our man doesnt have this feature on his tunic !
    Hope this has helped....Prost! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Croix de Guerre , super pictures !...the "Wurttemburg" soldat is in fact IMO Bavarian "Gebirgstruppen"...a member of the Bavarian "Scneesschuh-Bataillons No 1" raised in 1914, note the 'Edelweiss' insignia on left side of feldmutze, he wears the special Bavarian field gray 'Skilitewka' tunic, which had a green piped collar, having two green piped pockets in the rear of the skirt, each fastened with two buttons. It had two breast pockets and two hip pockets. On the collar were grey patches with a green letter 'S'. Wurttemburg also had Ski Battalions and wore a similiar tunic, but with "green woolen rolls" (shulterwuster) at the tops of there sleeves at the shoulder seams, like Austrian tunics, clearly our man doesnt have this feature on his tunic !
    Hope this has helped....Prost! Steve.
    Thanks for the info Steve, I didn't know that. Makes sense as this image came with a pile of Bavarian postcards I picked up years ago. I just siold this image along with hundreds of other to a friend of mine. Kind of makes me wish I hadn't let them go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2