MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Some WW1 snaildrums

Article about: Drummagazines for the Luger P08 have been on my wish list for a long time. Who doesn’t want one of these? Several years ago, I managed to find both models and also the adaptor for the Bergma

?

Default Some WW1 snaildrums

Drummagazines for the Luger P08 have been on my wish list for a long time. Who doesn’t want one of these?
    Several years ago, I managed to find both models and also the adaptor for the Bergmann submachinegun together with a dust cover and a loading tool… How cool was that!
    Just within a few weeks it got even better… I was able to acquire a snaildrum carrier in unused condition…
    So far, so good one would think, but no… things got even better a few months ago… One of the rarest snaildrums got tangeled in my little web… a snaildrum magazine for the Mondragón Fliegerselbstlader Karabiner 1915…

The Mondragon M1908 was the first automatic rifle and was designed by the Mexican general Manuel Mondragón. The manufacture was outsourced to SIG in Switzerland and the gun was used as the Fusil Porfirio Diaz Systema Mondragón Modelo 1908.
    In 1914 Germany bought SIG's entire stock of the Mondragón rifle. The rifle was found unsatisfactory for infantry use in trench warfare conditions. In 1915 it was issued to aviation crews with a new 30-round magazine (instead of the original 20-round) as the Fliegerselbstlader Karabiner 1915 (Flier's Selfloading Carbine model 1915), until sufficient numbers of machineguns were available. Only few of these rifles survive.

Adler
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some WW1 snaildrums   Some WW1 snaildrums  

Some WW1 snaildrums   Some WW1 snaildrums  

Some WW1 snaildrums  

?

Default Re: Some WW1 snaildrums

Some more pics...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some WW1 snaildrums   Some WW1 snaildrums  

Some WW1 snaildrums  
    Attached Images Attached Images Some WW1 snaildrums 

Fantastic stuff, thanks for sharing it.

Very cool. One of the things I really like about ww1 is all the "firsts"
    Like this---ammo drums for the first automatic rifles.

Nicely done.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Like I said on GHW - Absolutely Awesome! Thanks very much for sharing Karel!

Very cool stuff! I love seeing WW1 stuff on here!

These are very nice indeed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks for your comments gentlemen!
    If someone might have extra (old) pictures of the snaildrum carrier or the Mondragón rifle, they are more than welcome...

Adler

Nice artillery luger drums you have

Nice collection you have there Adler. Here are some of mine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast