Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SOS Pickelhaube Pickup

Article about: Hey guys, well I got back from the sos last night and I had a blast, shame everyone was starting to pack early from the up and coming warning of a bad snowstorm. I only had really a good 2 h

?

Thanks Erno! No I did not make it out of a leg, during woodshop class last year in my school I snuck making a few in class during project time. I made 3 of them which are very nice for displaying and I dont have to pay 50$ for someone to make it for me lol. I just got a piece of wood cut it to the hight and width of it and just used the rotary sander to get all the curves on the sides. Then I routed the edges and did basically the same with the base. I wanted to glue them but I had a certain amount of time to I just put a screw in to attach them, not a good idea in the long run as the hole rounds out and becomes very very loose.
    Thanks again
    Ryan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SOS Pickelhaube Pickup
    P
    Many

Quote by Ryan B View Post
    Eric did you leave saturday night? We got hit just north of Indianapolis on I-65 by an ice storm, after that we counted over 30 accidents not including the 4 tractor trailers that tipped over. Then the snow came just around Gary indiana which made it even worse ontop of the ice. Glad you made it safely back home though Eric!
    Thanks Again!
    Ryan
    No I left at 6.30 am Sunday (today) drove for 10 hours in the bad stuff.
    And also seen some bad wrecks. Glad we are all home safe.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

That is a nice model 95. The chinstrap is a replica but looks fine for display.

?

Quote by Ryan B View Post
    Thanks Erno! No I did not make it out of a leg, during woodshop class last year in my school I snuck making a few in class during project time. I made 3 of them which are very nice for displaying and I dont have to pay 50$ for someone to make it for me lol. I just got a piece of wood cut it to the hight and width of it and just used the rotary sander to get all the curves on the sides. Then I routed the edges and did basically the same with the base. I wanted to glue them but I had a certain amount of time to I just put a screw in to attach them, not a good idea in the long run as the hole rounds out and becomes very very loose.
    Thanks again
    Ryan
    That's good work, Ryan! I took the lazy/unskilled route and bought a threaded furniture leg, which I screwed into a small wooden square. Yours look great!

?

Thanks Steve! Do you know about how much it would cost to replace for a correct authentic new one?
    Ryan

Great pickup! I really want to get a Pickelhaube one day.

?

Thanks Glen! This has been a dream of mine since last year and I am so glad I finally got one.
    Ryan

Very nice helmet Ryan and a nice price too - Congrats.
    I'd have been tempted. One day I may get to attend
    this show in person *sigh*.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Congratulations! Nice history...

?

That is a very nice Haube.
    The leather looks like it doesn't have any cracks!!
    Good deal
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast