MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Spiked helmet help needed prussian 1895

Article about: Hi All. This is being offered to me, I don't know much about these so I will ask the experts, it came out of a vet sale long with WW2 items, I believe its a 1895 Prussian infantry helmet, it

Default Re: Spiked helmet help needed prussian 1895

The strap - if repro - would not bother me at all !
    Again, really great helmet. Congrats.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spiked helmet help needed prussian 1895
    P
    Many

I love the smell....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spiked helmet help needed prussian 1895  
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Hi Guy´s,
    I am brand new here, and very happy to have found this forum :-) I have been collecting german stuff from ww1 and ww2 for about 30 years on and off. Right now is on !!
    I just came across a Pickelhaube my self about a month ago ! It is stamped 1915 and with the mentioned painted iron fittings. Unfortunately the chinstrap cocardes and front "charnier"? on the cap is missing. Does anyone knows if repros are avwailable anywhere, cause I have only come across brass repros ?
    I got the helmet from a friend of mine, whos father bought it in Belgium in 1925 !! The missing parts is because my friend used it for playing when he was about 7 years old !! But when you get it for free, you don´t complain too much :-)
    Your Pickelhaube is very nice, congratulations from DK ;-)
    Best regards
    Marc

If the strap is repro it wont bother me, I think it may be an older repro maybe from the 60's or 70's, I just cant imagine it looking that good from 1915, but I did see some original mint examples that looked the same so you never know! Wish the straps were dated but im sure they could replicate that also lol
    ****Hi Unimarc, thanks for liking my helmet, but if you have a question about your own stuff please start a new thread.

Sorry for the mishap, didn´t try to break your thread :-)

Venlig hilsen

Marc

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    Hi Unimarc, thanks for liking my helmet, but if you have a question about your own stuff please start a new thread.
    Its not a problem maximus71.....no photographs are present... he is not usurping your thread, in fact he is asking the same questions re parts, both of you look on the internet under Pickelhaube/Spike helmet/spiked helmets parts or E-Bay France or Germany, you will find both chin straps and cockades.
    Prost ! Steve.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3