Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Stirnpanzer

Article about: Gentlemen, I have another item that I'd like help with. A friend of mine has a Stirnpanzer for the German helmet and I would like your opinions on if it's original or ot. Thank you. Anton

Default Stirnpanzer

Gentlemen,

I have another item that I'd like help with. A friend of mine has a Stirnpanzer for the German helmet and I would like your opinions on if it's original or ot. Thank you.

Anton

StirnpanzerStirnpanzerStirnpanzerStirnpanzer

?

Default Re: Stirnpanzer

For me it's a reproduction, looking at these pictures... They are to small and undetailed anyway...
    The shape and thickness of the metal doesn't look right, no markings, slots for staps don't seem right eighter. You can also do a simple test by putting the stirnpanzer on the tip of your finger and than tab it.... well, if it sounds like a bell, it still might stand a chance, when it sounds with a short low tone, you have a cast fake example.
    There are also repros that sound like a bell, but then you can see the difference in shape, marks of pulling the stirnpanzer out of the stampingform are not present on the repros. Most of the time the repros have wrong (or no) grinding pattern on the edges and so on...

Hope this helps you, anyway, ask better pictures if possible...

Adler

Very good advice.

The slots caught my eye too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Adler is correct on all his observations on this one...the "Bell" test is mandatory, the slots must be the correct shape to go smoothly around the lugs, not like a "threepenny" piece ! as all repros are.
    Prost ! Steve.

Thank you Adler, Ade and Steve. I'll let him know. I can't check it with the "bell" test (He lives about 800 miles from me) but I'll explain to him about all the things mentioned.

Anton