Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Strange German helmet

Article about: I saw this German helmet for sale on a auction site. What info can you guys give me real or fake and value do not want to pay more than I should for it ,if it is real.

Default Strange German helmet

Strange German helmetStrange German helmetStrange German helmetStrange German helmetStrange German helmetStrange German helmet
    I saw this German helmet for sale on a auction site.
    What info can you guys give me real or fake and value do not want to pay more than I should for it ,if it is real.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strange German helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Strange German helmet

WOW, alot of work went into that helmet CHRIS. if it's fake & you know I don't know, they still put some time in it, or had a one of a kind mold. thanks for showing it. definately different.

?

I seen pics of WW1 helmets that had the picklehaube eagle attached to them, I think it was unofficial, so seeing the cockades on the side of this one doesn't seem unlikely. A lot of work in it, but maybe a soldier did it in the trenches or on leave....

Quote by qotd View Post
    I seen pics of WW1 helmets that had the picklehaube eagle attached to them, I think it was unofficial, so seeing the cockades on the side of this one doesn't seem unlikely. A lot of work in it, but maybe a soldier did it in the trenches or on leave....
    yeah your right I just like seeing something different, it is a nice looking helmet.

Quote by qotd View Post
    Gentlemen, the only soldier to touch this helmet (a rather nice "splodge" cammo Austro-Hungarian helmet) would of been its "Liberator" !...probably a "Doughboy", its trench art, nothing more, nothing less !...the attachment of the Wappen (Baden) and cockades would of been a punishable offence under both German and Austro-Hungarian military law (damage/defacing of government property)...it would NEVER of been done by a member of the German military. Nice if you like this kind of thing......and, any way, it was the other way round, German M16 helmets were worn by KuK forces, but the Austro-Hungarian helmet was never issued to German forces !
    Prost ! Steve.

Still looks pretty cool though, trench art or not. I like it!

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Still looks pretty cool though, trench art or not. I like it!
    yeah thats all I was saying. I'm no expert, just said it was unusual.

I would buy it as trench art. It is a nice piece.

Thank guys for your input,what about a value on this?

Value is hard to place since it is a niche area of collecting, but I would throw out a wild guesstimate of 600 dollars give or take. What is the current bid on this item?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast