Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Strange German helmet

Article about: I saw this German helmet for sale on a auction site. What info can you guys give me real or fake and value do not want to pay more than I should for it ,if it is real.

Default Re: Strange German helmet

Hi Chaps, I thought I'd add a nickname to the mix. Devonshire Regiment troops in WW1 were called 'Devonshire Dumplings'!!!! I don't know were this came from; but I find it odd. Saying that I am a Devonian & I do like dumplings!!! , Cheers, Richard.

P.S.:- the postcard is from WW1.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange German helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strange German helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by DUJAILAH View Post
    Hi Chaps, I thought I'd add a nickname to the mix. Devonshire Regiment troops in WW1 were called 'Devonshire Dumplings'!!!! I don't know were this came from; but I find it odd. Saying that I am a Devonian & I do like dumplings!!! , Cheers, Richard.

P.S.:- the postcard is from WW1.
    that is a nice postcard too be that old. dumplings are great I love them too I wonder if BRITSH dumplings are different than American dumplings? cool postcard though from ww1.

Quote by crazy horse View Post
    that is a nice postcard too be that old. dumplings are great I love them too I wonder if BRITSH dumplings are different than American dumplings? cool postcard though from ww1.
    British dumplings are cooked with flour & suet and they come in stews normally. Glad you liked the postcard, Cheers, Richard.

Quote by DUJAILAH View Post
    British dumplings are cooked with flour & suet and they come in stews normally. Glad you liked the postcard, Cheers, Richard.
    American dumplings are just dough, usually cooked with chunks of chicken, or the northern part of America has corn beef , instead of chicken. your post card is in great shape for it's age.

interresting.
    chris

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4