Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Sword identification

Article about: Good evening guys. My first post on here. Love the site, learning loads. I have a question, can any of you ID this sword please. I know it’s German........and that’s about it. Many thanks in

?

Default Sword identification

Good evening guys. My first post on here. Love the site, learning loads. I have a question, can any of you ID this sword please. I know it’s German........and that’s about it.

Many thanks in advance

AlSword identificationSword identificationSword identificationSword identificationSword identificationSword identification

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sword identification
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I can't help you with the identification of the sword although some of our other members will be able to, but, I can tell you it is in the scabbard the wrong way.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Interesting sword. Looks to me like it's a Prussian model 1889 officer's Degen. Seems to have a fixed knuckle guard, triple fullered. There is a 96 mark on the ricasso which I would suggest is the year of manufacture. The Royal Cypher has me scratching the head, I think it might be Saxony, but for who? You could do some research into German Royal Cyphers to answer that question.

?

Thank you for the replies guys.

The sword is Saxon. The Royal Cypher on the blade is correctly ID'd by member Anderson, as Saxon.

If you show a photo of the crossguard from the top, and not photo'd from the side of it, everyone will be able to see the Saxon crest on it that you've shown from a sideways angle.

Best Regards,

Alan

Quote by ww1czechlegion View Post
    The sword is Saxon. The Royal Cypher on the blade is correctly ID'd by member Anderson, as Saxon.

If you show a photo of the crossguard from the top, and not photo'd from the side of it, everyone will be able to see the Saxon crest on it that you've shown from a sideways angle.

Best Regards,

Alan
    Loosely based on a French pattern sword (the hilt) as stated it's Saxon for Infantry Officers that apppears to be a government model for higher grade NCO's. Best Regards, Fred