Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are these Kokarden original?

Article about: I am new to the field of Pickelhauben and have been doing my research but have yet to find definitive data of aspects of original Kokarden. My recent M95 purchase arrived with the following

Default Are these Kokarden original?

I am new to the field of Pickelhauben and have been doing my research but have yet to find definitive data of aspects of original Kokarden. My recent M95 purchase arrived with the following Kokarden which are in remarkable condition given they should be at least 100 years old, they are non-magnetic (suggesting pressed brass) but have such good paint coverage I can't see if the material is in fact brass or not. They are non-maker marked so my question is thus: are they original? are the photos good enough to tell? should I provide measurements or weights?

Are these Kokarden original?Are these Kokarden original?Are these Kokarden original?Are these Kokarden original?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Are these Kokarden original?
    P
    Many

?

They certainly appear to be good ones for enlisted helmets. Just enough of the appropriate age to the paint.
    Usually they are made of steel.

The paint does appear to be well aged, I would lean toward original.

They look fine. No worries there.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by SteveR View Post
    They certainly appear to be good ones for enlisted helmets. Just enough of the appropriate age to the paint.
    Usually they are made of steel.
    Thats good to know as they came off an EM helmet!

I am sure they aren't magnetic though, and on a dealer site Great War Militaria - Great War Militaria a kokarde that is described as original is mentioned as being of stamped brass so I assumed that was the usual material of construction. I will try a stronger magnet on mine tonight and see if any attraction is found.

I would also say; yes!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

They definately look good from here.
    Regards,
    John

Nice! I'll try to setup a decent photo shoot of the entire helmet this weekend and start a thread on it.

I just tested 9-original loose ones I have in my spare parts box, that I salvaged off of old helmets I didn't keep. They were all magnetic.

One of the 3-Baden kokardes that I have is made of brass, and thus non-magnetic.

By all appearances yours look to be originals. One of the features I like about your set is that the center hole has a raised ridge around the die punched hole, which is a good sign.

I look forward to seeing your new helmet!

Best Regards,

Alan

?

Great set Glenn. Congrats!!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

\
    Quote by ww1czechlegion View Post
    I just tested 9-original loose ones I have in my spare parts box, that I salvaged off of old helmets I didn't keep. They were all magnetic.

One of the 3-Baden kokardes that I have is made of brass, and thus non-magnetic.

By all appearances yours look to be originals. One of the features I like about your set is that the center hole has a raised ridge around the die punched hole, which is a good sign.

I look forward to seeing your new helmet!

Best Regards,

Alan
    Hello Alan.
    So that there is not a Hijacking taking place.
    I would love to see some pic's of the Baden kokardes. I have a M1895 Baden Landwehr Haube that is Kokardless.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast