Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

thoughts on hanseatic cross

Article about: need some opinions on this hanseatic cross and opinions on this dealer: emedals.ca thanks john Hamburg Hanseatic Cross 1914 - German Empire

Thumbs up thoughts on hanseatic cross

need some opinions on this hanseatic cross and opinions on this dealer: emedals.ca
    thanks
    john

Hamburg Hanseatic Cross 1914 - German Empire

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement thoughts on hanseatic cross
    P
    Many

Default Re: thoughts on hanseatic cross

red enamel looks darker than i recall,but overall i believe it to be a good piecel

WWIIBUFF, 100% genuine, usually a good dealer/source. I believe the lighting/camera is to blame for the colour of the enamel.

The enamel looks good, very difficult to reproduce in such quality. My only quibble is the suspension loop. I've found the loops on the ones I've handled while round, are flattened in profile. Difficult to describe, but it would be like taking the loop placing it the narrowest way in to a vice and giving it a squash. If it doesn't have the flattened loop then it might be a later Weimar period issue or simply replaced.

Richarddwh, you are completly right, well spotted ...I am unsure on how many makers produced this medal and its availability, but I would imagine as a replacement it was available post WW2 probably like the EK I & II, right up to the 70's !....(I have only handled one copy, which was easy to spot as it was one sided !).
    But definitely a large amount would of been made available between the wars. I show a photo of the suspension ring ('squashed bit') for future reference.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture thoughts on hanseatic cross  

Oradour, thanks, the pic helps explains things better than my words. The 'squashed' suspension ring is the first thing I look for with the Hanseatenkreuz, they're very fine medals.