Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

thoughts on sub badge

Article about: The Zeppelin badge posted above is made by the Gode Company of Germany and has their makers mark on it. Gode makes good quality reproductions of almost any badge you can think of. They are o

Default thoughts on sub badge

thoughts on sub badgethoughts on sub badge

not sre about pin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement thoughts on sub badge
    P
    Many

IMO a wrong'en.

Harry is absolutely right...........fake ! it is purporting to be a "Maybauer" but the quality just is not there...
    If you do search you will see more on this badge............discussed a few times.
    Prost ! Steve.

Default same seller

same seller so i presums fake also

Zeppelin badge is a reproduction as well, commonly seen on Ebay!
    cheers, Glenn

Glenn right.

I have noticed on several sub badges on eBay lately, that they all have the same cast flaw on the body of the sub !! "Strange" isn't it ?! ;-)

Mfg
    Marc

Quote by kevin1947 View Post

same seller so i presums fake also
    Note the 57 pattern pin.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

These ZEPPS must being made for St. Patties day.This situation of repros is getting bad!Do your research,check in the forum,and hopefully save your money before these cretin repro guys get your money.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Harry is absolutely right...........fake ! it is purporting to be a "Maybauer" but the quality just is not there...
    If you do search you will see more on this badge............discussed a few times.
    Prost ! Steve.
    As Steve says, quality is a huge red flag here. Look at the awful definition of the obverse. It looks like a crude casting to me. The condition of any such badge might be rough but the finish should be absent where the badge is damaged and not on top of the rough surface. That roundish depression in the hull of the boat looks very suspicious in these pics. Also look at the abrasion marks on the reverse. They don't seem to be all going in the same direction let alone lie parallel to each other. Even if a manufacturer like Maybauer used such a crude technique it would have been a machine similar to a belt sander and the lines would all match.

The best approach I find is to develop an eye for the general appearance of good badges and you will spot all but excellent fakes very quickly.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast