Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Three Place Ribbon Bar

Article about: Gents, Just a quick question regarding this ribbon bar I saw today. It is not in terribly good condition. I'm curious to know if its authentic since the ribbons (EK2, Hesse, Hindenburg Cross

Default Three Place Ribbon Bar

Gents,

Just a quick question regarding this ribbon bar I saw today. It is not in terribly good condition. I'm curious to know if its authentic since the ribbons (EK2, Hesse, Hindenburg Cross) are all interwoven?

Please also let me know if I posted this in the wrong place.

Regards,

Three Place Ribbon BarThree Place Ribbon Bar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Three Place Ribbon Bar
    P
    Many

I think it's a good one
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

One can only hope it's authentic in that condition... I'd say 100%. Looks like blood on the Hesse ribbon? Btw, they are not interwoven, I think they were printed as one ribbon?

MAP
    ?

Single piece ribbons for multiple awards is not uncommon for the most issued medals. Same topic discussed here a short while ago.

As far as the authenticity is concerned I will leave that to others.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Authentic. NH

Looks fine to me.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I see nothing wrong about it.

As has been said above, single-piece ribbons representing the ribbons for very common combinations of two or three awards were quite common.

Personally, I wouldn't buy this piece, though, unless it was for a really good price, as these are common awards and it is in very poor condition (apart from the dirt, stains and rust, even the swords are missing from the 1914/18 Honor Cross).

All,

Thank you for your assessments. I have a few ribbon bars, but the ribbons are all separate on each. This is the first Imperial bar I've seen like this. Given that the awards are common and its in poor shape, is 2.45 pounds a reasonable price?

Respectfully,

MAP
    ?

In my opinion you can't go wrong for the price of a beer. But I would take the beer
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    In my opinion you can't go wrong for the price of a beer. But I would take the beer
    I second that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast