MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Tornister

Article about: I recently scored on a 1915 tournister off of ebay, but it is missing the main straps, and I can't find anywhere that supplies replacement straps. Does anyone know of such a place online? Ca

?

Default Tornister

I recently scored on a 1915 tournister off of ebay, but it is missing the main straps, and I can't find anywhere that supplies replacement straps. Does anyone know of such a place online? Can anyone please post a complete Tornister so I can see how the straps are attached? I've tried searching online, but, I can't seem to find a clear photo of how the straps are attached... I want to use it for re-enactment, so, it doesn't have to be exactly perfect.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tornister   Tornister  

Tornister   Tornister  

Tornister   Tornister  

Tornister   Tornister  

Last edited by Eddie; 01-06-2011 at 11:19 AM. Reason: It's rude to post with no pictures, no?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tornister
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Tornister

Thanks in advance for taking a look gents!

doomtown, it is a model 1907/13 Tornister, a some what lighter version than the previous Model 1895 pack, however both packs utilised the same straps, which when attached clip onto the ammo pouches on the waist belt. These straps are literally "bolted" on to the pack back, these holes can be clearly seen in photos 2 and 3, each strap had 3 holes for adjustment. They too, do come up on E-Bay, but one would be better looking/keeping an eye out on the German E-Bay pages WK 1 items - Get great deals on Postcards, Transportation items on eBay UK! However, I do know that a copy of the pack is made by the following firm, German : Schipperfabrik, The World's Finest Historical Reproduction see if they will sell you the straps.......

Prost ! Steve.

the strap Schipperfabrik puts onthe packs may be smooth side out, where as the original packs I have seen/owned are rough side of leather out.
    Steve Fisher made me a great pair of replacement straps for one of my original packs. His address is on the Great War Assoc. web site under "venders"
    Steve is a great maker of repro WW1 goods. I think higly of him
    Jagdhorn

?

thanks for the suggestions guys, I bet I'll be able to sort something out!

doomtown, spotted on E-Bay Germany, just what you need, they are even marked up 1915 ! 2 Trageriemen für Tornister [1] - 1. WK on eBay (end time 19-Jan-11 16:25:25 GMT) if you e mail the seller more than likely he will give you a shipping cost......
    Prost ! Steve.

?

woah! saved in my "watch list"! Ebay is the worst thing that has ever happened to my paycheck, haha.
    thanks for the lookout Steve!
    Eddie