Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

And The Total Is........

Article about: Hello everyone, I'm making a spreadsheet for my collection and would like to know the market value each one. its been little something Ive been working on over the years. hope you enjoy.

Default And The Total Is........

Hello everyone, I'm making a spreadsheet for my collection and would like to know the market value each one. its been little something Ive been working on over the years. hope you enjoy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture And The Total Is........  

?

Default Re: And The Total Is........

Welcome to the forum.
    Not to be a grump but you should go to the various sites with this type of material is for sale and do your own research.
    Your picture is not close or clear.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Welcome to the forum.
    Not to be a grump but you should go to the various sites with this type of material is for sale and do your own research.
    Your picture is not close or clear.
    i do, i would just like a second opinion is all. its funny that you say that though. the jubilee cross with the white center stripe was one of my first AH medals and for the longest time i had no clue what that ribbon was issued for. when I received my Bravery medal (with iron bar for a repeat award) i found a website that's all about AH medals and military history. that cross turned out it was issued to court servants. i also learned alot about the Bravery medals. the most interesting thing was that if you were awarded the medal in silver and gold, you're pension wound be increased. if you were awarded it in bronze, you would just get a pat on the back.

?

Obviously you know your medals. That is fine.
    Coming on the forum and asking members to look up values is another matter.
    If you have noticed the other members have not bothered posting to your thread.
    It is one thing to ask for a value of a single item and quite another to want values for multiple items.
    That requires research. It will be a good exercise for you to do the work for yourself.
    Good luck.

That's odd, I thought no one reposted it because of your negativity.

?

Nothing to do with Steve....

And besides, I know nothing of these medals

I don't recall ever asking for a value on here, becsuse I spend a lot of time looking at various references and comparing and forming my own conclusion through my own research....I too have a spreadsheet, and a little bit of time researching and by coincidence, learning, I have a good idea of what my stuff is worth.....

There's two types of price, what it is worth, and what you would sell it for!!!

IMHO

?

I learnt a lesson recently, I tried selling a coupla helmets....its hard to do at the moment....however the "worth" of these helmets to me, after not being able to sell them, was that I was able to trade them for a originsl unapplied helmet decal and a medal......

So even though I didn't get back what I paid for them, I was happy to do the deal, because I got something, IMO,better, and something that is possibly rarer.....

So it's all relative mate!!!

that's fine that you haven't asked the value of something ever, but there are others who do ask. i don't remember all the prices of every medal i have ever bought (hence the spreadsheet) and some of these thing Ive had since i was a kid. so I'm trying to backtrack. and I DO my research, things just get conflicting sometimes when you buy something for $20, watch it sell on eBay for $50, and then go on a dealers site and see it listed for $100. i just asked a simple question. and if you cant answer it that's fine, but don't attack me, the whole point of the forum is to share with each other, not to antagonize.

?

I didn't mean to antagonize or attack, members here know me for my rambling at times, some of which makes sense and some of which tends to stray off topic, but there are mny websites and references where you can find market values, eBay is not one of them unfortunately. Look at reputable dealer sites is my advice

Austrian medals have never held as much interest and have never gained
    the high prices that WWII German medals have - except for the rarer
    enameled types - and more recently, silver medals - so don't expect
    a huge return on them.

I always watch 'ebay' for items that I own which are in similar condition
    and keep note of what they eventually sell for. After several sales I can
    make an informed guess at a reasonable figure.

I don't think anyone has been antagonistic here, but have given you
    some ideas about researching prices yourself by scanning internet
    and dealer sites. Lately, many people on the Forum have stopped
    pricing or giving 'free evaluations', because this is really
    not what we are here for.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast