Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

And The Total Is........

Article about: Hello everyone, I'm making a spreadsheet for my collection and would like to know the market value each one. its been little something Ive been working on over the years. hope you enjoy.

Default Re: And The Total Is........

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Austrian...

I don't think anyone has been antagonistic here, ...
    for.........
    ....yet!...
    ;-)
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I never discuss values on the open forum.
    A lot of times people have posted a picture or link and a "How much is it worth"
    question about an item that is on ebay or one of the other auction sites.
    All this does is screw up the bidding for someone hoping to score a deal.

Also,
    I have helped out on so many "What is it--How much is it worth" questions
    over the years, only to see the item listed for sale the next day or with no
    thanks given for doing the research that I usually don't even bother reading the threads.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    I never discuss values on the open forum.
    A lot of times people have posted a picture or link and a "How much is it worth"
    question about an item that is on ebay or one of the other auction sites.
    All this does is screw up the bidding for someone hoping to score a deal.

Also,
    I have helped out on so many "What is it--How much is it worth" questions
    over the years, only to see the item listed for sale the next day or with no
    thanks given for doing the research that I usually don't even bother reading the threads.
    +1 - I love this forum and am more than happy to help where I can but we on here are not antiques roadshow and we don't give free appraisals as people rock in with items.

Do not take it the wrong way, please stay on here and share knowledge with us on your items and expertise. All to often lately people have been only joining for prices and a free sales floor, please do not take advantage of this great forum and it's members

Cheers
    Jason

?

Quote by medalman90 View Post
    that's fine that you haven't asked the value of something ever, but there are others who do ask. i don't remember all the prices of every medal i have ever bought (hence the spreadsheet) and some of these thing Ive had since i was a kid. so I'm trying to backtrack. and I DO my research, things just get conflicting sometimes when you buy something for $20, watch it sell on eBay for $50, and then go on a dealers site and see it listed for $100. i just asked a simple question. and if you cant answer it that's fine, but don't attack me, the whole point of the forum is to share with each other, not to antagonize.
    No one has attacked you sir.
    If I did you would certainly know it.
    I find it incredibaly lazy to ask for values on multiple items from people that you are not familiar with.
    Your reaction to being told that no one is going to do all of the research for you is at best self centered and just slightly arrogant.
    My first post has not stopped anyone from giving you the information that you want.
    The members here are NOT going to take the time and effort to do something you can do for yourself.
    Good luck on your quest to value your collection.

to be honest, i don't intend to sell off any of my collections. i just don't always come across AH awards. but i appropriate all the help i can get.

thank you Steve.

I'm not looking take advantage of you guys, if you all feel that way i apologize. i have heard a lot of good things about this forum from a friend of mine, and i am excited to post more of my collection up here.

i am excited to post more of my collection up here.
    Good for you.
    I personally don't know too much about, and don't collect AH awards (excepting the
    occasional Austrian mount EK) but I do enjoy seeing what others collect.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

thank you Steve.
    I am sorry if I seemed to gruff.

Hello everyone, I'm making a spreadsheet for my collection and would like to know the market value each one. its been little something Ive been working on over the years. hope you enjoy.
    Hello and welcome to this forum!
    I hope you enjoy your stay.
    The title of your thread may have been what raised the hackles of a few members here. Believe it or not, we are all willing to help each other and new members out. If you have not read this thread, it may be helpful in understanding what has transpired here.
    Free authentication and valuation service.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast