Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

U-Boot-Hilfs-Zielfernrohr from a 8.8 cm Kanone L/30 by Carl Zeiss

Article about: Like the photos Ger,Explains the fitting of the sight a little better..Still a nice find.. Cheers Terry

?

Default Re: U-Boot-Hilfs-Zielfernrohr from a 8.8 cm Kanone L/30 by Carl Zeiss

Like the photos Ger,Explains the fitting of the sight a little better..Still a nice find.. Cheers Terry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U-Boot-Hilfs-Zielfernrohr from a 8.8 cm Kanone L/30 by Carl Zeiss
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: U-Boot-Hilfs-Zielfernrohr from a 8.8 cm Kanone L/30 by Carl Zeiss

Thank you all for the kind reply's!
    It's appreciated

Now we are in the mood i've posted a possible U-Boat Compass belongs to my brother, nicely marked with the Kaiserlicher Krone
    Cheers Ger

gdict
    ?

Sorry for the necropost, but...

You have #84 and I have #85....

What do you think it is worth?

?

Hi Gdict,

so far i have only seen 2 ( mine and one at Hermann Historica auction)
    The one on the auction had a reserve of 500 euro, but a lot of marine stuff didnt sold.
    Its now in my brothers possesion.
    You need a Kaiserliche Marine, Carl Zeiss or a Sights Collector, so its not easily sold, but a worth between 500 and 750 euro is possible.
    Cheers,
    Ger

btw its a lovely sight and a very well build one!! yours is also in excellent condition!

gdict
    ?

Thanks for the info Ger!

I would be happy to sell it for €500 if you know anyone that might be interested. I have a bank account in Germany, so payment is very easy. I will even pay the shipping!

You can see my selling reputation on ebay under the username "Eddysguns". I own a gun store here in northern. California and got the sight with a collection of guns.

Regards,

Greg

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Funny thing is that this scope was listed as a Hitlerjugend training scope in the US
    The small size fooled the seller, and he translated the U.H.Z marking wrong:
    he thought it meant: Ubungs Hitlerjugend Zielfernrohr

The Ubts and the 8.8cm K.L/30 inscription made me think different

@Ned its only 17 cm long and weights 415 gramms, its a very solid bronze made instrument.
    I has a rifle sight on top for a quick fix on the target

@Totenhead i dont know how it was placed, there are no picture that show one in all details.
    I'll show you a picture where you can see what i think is the front of the scope sticking outside the armourplate ( on the right).
    the other picture shows the rear of the gun with the mount of the scope in upper position, so unfortunate the scope cant been seen in this position.
    Attachment 485936Attachment 485937
    Hi,
    Came across this, and wanted to let you know that this small telescope is NOT the main gunsight for the 8.8 cm kanone L/30, but is the "quick-sight" that is mounted on top of the gunsight itself, for quick-locating of the surface contact. The user then switches to the eyepiece of the main (larger) zielfernrohr.
    The H stands for "Hilfs" or "auxiliary/assist" sight, therefore Ubts. Hilfszielfernrohr is the spelled out version of this typical acronym marking on the sights for this period.

This should help you clarify the use and classification of this piece.

M

?

Hi H,

in the main description that was already mentioned:

"The letters UHZ could mean U-Boot-Hilfs-Zielfernrohr, this is an auxilliary aiming scope. 1 x means= No magnification , this is confirmed by your picture.
    Hilfs-Zielfernrohr would say: Can be used as a replacement if the main scope fails."

indeed quick sight use.
    There has been 2 other ones on the internet since this post, on on the WAF forum and one on a HH auction.

Regards,
    Ger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2