Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ulan tschapka pickelhaube spike helmet

Article about: What do you think? What would be your price?

Default Ulan tschapka pickelhaube spike helmet

What do you think?
    What would be your price?
    Attached Images Attached Images Ulan tschapka pickelhaube spike helmet  Ulan tschapka pickelhaube spike helmet  Ulan tschapka pickelhaube spike helmet  Ulan tschapka pickelhaube spike helmet  Ulan tschapka pickelhaube spike helmet  Ulan tschapka pickelhaube spike helmet 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ulan tschapka pickelhaube spike helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ulan tschapka pickelhaube spike helmet

Gibello....this is a fake, from top to bottom ! wrong shape, tschapka's have a distinct curved shape, when looked at from the side...(see attached photo) and are not simply a ''Pickelhaube'' without a rear visor, the morterboard is the wrong shape and IMO too tall....the interior, look at the edge of the fingers in the photo, too new. Soft detail on the Guard eagle ''wappen'' (badge) and the ''Guard star'' in the centre should be silver coloured. The field badge on the front, is a strange concoction, I have never seen one constructed like that, originals were felt/wool covereing a wood former, stitched and glued, unlike this piece which has 3 lengths of thread holding the black section on ?, the field badge was worn in lieu of the state cockade on the tschapka, never together as on this one !...and there is no ''Fangschnur'' toggle or hook fitted to the board, plus the stiching is poor on the helmet, all in all, a poor copy. If it is yours get your money back, or if you are thinking of buying, DONT. I include a couple of photos taken from J.Somers book ''Imperial German Uniforms and Equipment 1907-1918''to reinforce my points, I am sure he wouldnt mind used in this contex.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ulan tschapka pickelhaube spike helmet   Ulan tschapka pickelhaube spike helmet