Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

unknow prussian tunic, need help !

Article about: hello, I have seen this waffenrock on ebay. The seller say inidcated : Uniform-Feldgrau-Jäger-1910!! not really for jäger but what ? the back s made with 3 parts and not 4, that is mot a M36

Default unknow prussian tunic, need help !

hello,

I have seen this waffenrock on ebay. The seller say inidcated : Uniform-Feldgrau-Jäger-1910!!

not really for jäger but what ?

the back s made with 3 parts and not 4, that is mot a M36 Waffenrock, but it looks like. And the buttons have the krown.

the stamps now :

KBA II : Krieg Bekleindung Amt von dem Zweistem Armee Korps.

It's the Pommeraniam corps.

No year indicate but, something like B IV ?

The name tag of the JR17 from Mohrange have nothig to do here. Perhaps it's cover a post war stamp ?

the inside :

What is it a friedemsuniform modell 15 but the collar have not the good form, and the cuf the good color, for infantery, i don't know the color of the cavalry ???

dammed what is the animal ?

An early reichswer waffenrock, but I have read that the reichwehr have only fielrock ??

Thanks for your help.

This tunic has been messed with. Looks like a converted Third Reich era waffenrock.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    This tunic has been messed with. Looks like a converted Third Reich era waffenrock.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hello, Ade,

but the m35 waffenrock have the back in 4 parts and made in jersey ?

Hi

I agree with Ade that the tunic has been altered but offer a theory on what it was once.......

Looks like the 1915 tunic for the "peacetime uniform" or Friedensrock. It has all the correct features for this except for the collar.

The stamps contradict, the colours of the tunic is red for Army so is not Jager.... so maybe the collar was changed to the field grey sit up/fold over style after the war and issued to a member of infantry regt 17 or at least accepted into their clothing depot as it looks unissued to me.

You are correct in the statement that the reichswehr did not have a waffenrock issued only a field tunic but they did utilise the old Imperial uniform stocks till they ran out so it is feasible the tunic may be re-issued post war.

The other theory without seeing it in person is that it is a very good copy !

cheers

Tony

Default thanks

Quote by spandau View Post
    Hi

.... so maybe the collar was changed to the field grey sit up/fold over style after the war and issued to a member of infantry regt 17 or at least accepted into their clothing depot as it looks unissued to me.
    You are correct in the statement that the reichswehr did not have a waffenrock issued only a field tunic but they did utilise the old Imperial uniform stocks till they ran out so it is feasible the tunic may be re-issued post war.

The other theory without seeing it in person is that it is a very good copy !

cheers

Tony

It's certainely a good way to fallow, the IR17 is an unity of the Infanterieführer VI.

Actually the hypothésis of the friendensrock up dated after the war it's the best.

For a copy, perhaps ? but a copy of wath ? a cross over beetween a friedensrock and a Waffenrock M35 ?

Hi

Personally I don't think it is a copy as it looks rather too good but I always like to start from that basis and then look at the evidence in front of me. It has a chance of being a re-issued tunic in the early 1920's.

That said the name tag indicates the 10th kompanie, Jager but the cadre for this was drawn from the old Imperial Regt 56 which was Infantry, the 9th, 11 and 12th kompanie were drawn from Jager battalions.

Need some input from a WW1 tunic collector.............

cheers

Tony

Quote by spandau View Post
    Hi

Personally I don't think it is a copy as it looks rather too good but I always like to start from that basis and then look at the evidence in front of me. It has a chance of being a re-issued tunic in the early 1920's.

That said the name tag indicates the 10th kompanie, Jager but the cadre for this was drawn from the old Imperial Regt 56 which was Infantry, the 9th, 11 and 12th kompanie were drawn from Jager battalions.

Need some input from a WW1 tunic collector.............

cheers

Tony
    Hello Tony,

the Kompanie's number, is perhaps not the good, the soldier could have changed of Kompanie and using hold name tag.

I have found a very interesting picture of 1922 :

It's seem to be a very closed tunic, with green cuff and collar.

And the rank of "Oberschütze" was created in the reichwehr, before it's was specificly by the Bavarian Army.
    Last edited by Boudionovka; 03-21-2014 at 07:52 PM.

Default Found !

hello,

Have found an exemple of a Friendensrock modified in the freikorps.

- - ------- - -

hello,

Have found an exemple of a Friendensrock modified in the freikorps.

Hi

great pictures, the reichswehr utilised all the old Imperial stocks they had, especially in the early 1920's when material was scarce.

I have pictures from 1925/26 with the m15 blouse still in wear.

Thus it is very possible your tunic is one used after the war.

cheers

Tony