Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown Imperial German Award

Article about: Hello All, I received a bundle of Imperial awards today from an old collection but there is one that has me stumped. In the grouping was a white falcon order, EK2, Prussian Knights order, Lu

Default Unknown Imperial German Award

Hello All,
    I received a bundle of Imperial awards today from an old collection but there is one that has me stumped.
    In the grouping was a white falcon order, EK2, Prussian Knights order, Lubeck Cross, Sudetenland medal but then one I have never come across.
    The one I am interested in is the white enamel cross with the crossed anchors pinned to the ribbon.

Can anybody identify it for me?

Any help would be appreciated.

All the best
    Doug

Unknown Imperial German AwardUnknown Imperial German AwardUnknown Imperial German AwardUnknown Imperial German AwardUnknown Imperial German AwardUnknown Imperial German Award
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Imperial German Award  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown Imperial German Award
    P
    Many

Hi Doug, that's one I have not seen before ! obviously there's a Naval connection, some sort of commemorative post war (post WW1) award/medal, possibly from one of the smaller Duchies/Principalities such as Waldeck and Pyrmont, Principality of Reuss-Gera or Reuss-Greiz, whose national/State colours match those on the ribbon....remember the Kaiserliche Marine was one, with personal from all over the Empire under one umbrella organisation unlike the Imperial German Army, which was made of individual contingents, big and small that kept (for the most) some autonomy.
    So perhaps the medal was given to returning mariners from a particular State......any way nice medal and a good group find
    Prost ! Steve.
    Last edited by oradour; 11-08-2015 at 03:47 PM.

Hi Steve,
    thank you very much for taking the time looking at the medal and responding.
    I searched for ages through all the obscure principality awards and drew a blank.
    What intrigued me was the central monogram that looked similar to the AR monogram that is found on some Meissen pottery.

Anyway I have eventually tracked it down....Phew!

It is a Belgian Maritime award 1st Class Cross for the 1st WW.

Even though it doesn't fit in with my TR collection it is still a nice addition.

Is there any chance you could move it to the 'Allies' section and change the title for me.

Once again your input and help is much appreciated.

All the best
    Doug

?

hi

it's a belgian medal ww1

medal marine 1st class

http://www.wo1.be/UserFiles/files/Be...dailles-FR.pdf

@+, hughes