Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown sword emblem, Help!

Article about: Sorry for the poor photos gentlemen. I cannot figure out what these represent. I was offered this sword and It is certainly old, I just don't know what it's for. Do any of you recognize the

Default Unknown sword emblem, Help!

Sorry for the poor photos gentlemen. I cannot figure out what these represent. I was offered this sword and It is certainly old, I just don't know what it's for. Do any of you recognize the emblems on this sword?

Regards,
    Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown sword emblem, Help!   Unknown sword emblem, Help!  

Unknown sword emblem, Help!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown sword emblem, Help!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unknown sword emblem, Help!

Mo, Imperial German Army "Prussian" Infantry Officers M1889 Degan (Sword), standard pattern infantry officers sword, the badge on the handle is "Wilhelm II" Royal cypher, the emblem on the folding handguard is the "Prussian" Adler/eagle motif. It looks to have the remains of a knot on the handle. Has it a scabbard ? quite a common sword, in good condition, approx $300 with scabbard, about $150+ without.
    Prost ! Steve.

Default Re: Unknown sword emblem, Help!

It is in good condition. I wouldn't say it's excellent but fairly good. It has the scabbard and it is complete. I just might buy it. Thanks a lot for your help!